Republic Phone Broken, Ordered New Republic Phone

My 4th generation Moto E is broken, beyond repair and no longer covered under warranty. It was a Republic phone, purchased in 2017.

I just purchased a replacement, a new Moto E through the Republic site. I am paid in full on my current plan through the end of the year. What I am wondering, is how will my number and account be ported to this new phone that arrives with its new SIM?

Hi @vincentt.s7hlnl,

I’m sorry to hear about the Moto E4. For the sake of clarity, there is nothing Republic specific about your Moto E4, though I understand it was purchased from Republic. Republic’s newer compatible phones are all U.S. factory unlocked variants.

Upon receipt of and once past initial setup on the new phone, you’ll use Republic’s mobile app to complete the activation process. Republic documents the process here: How to Activate a Replacement Phone – Republic Help.

You will be prompted to sign into the appropriate Republic account (the one associated with the email address for the account housing your Moto E4) and you will be presented with the opportunity to move your current number from old to new phone. Your current plan will move to the new phone as well. Continue through the activation process, then you’re all set! Your old phone will be simultaneously deactivated.

2 Likes
Message an
Expert customer