Republic Wireless addresses the impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) to your mobile phone service

As you take precautions to protect yourself and your loved ones from the spread of Coronavirus, you may be overwhelmed by the E-mail filling your inbox as everyone from your bank to your internet provider, your local utilities to your favorite fast food restaurant, all want you to know that they have your health and welfare in mind.

While we don’t want to fuel the frenzy or send out unnecessary messages that may give the appearance that we’re trying to somehow exploit anyone’s fears, we do want to share our preparations and commitment to you in light of the current events.

First and foremost, we hope you stay healthy and that you are able to wisely navigate through this experience with minimal, long-term impact to your well-being. The safety of our members, our employees, our partners, your loved ones and your communities are on our minds.

We know how important communication is to our members at this time. No matter whether you are checking on loved ones, working remotely, monitoring the news, or contacting a doctor, we want you to be able to do so without a second thought to whether or not your Republic Wireless service is working. Engineers like @jesse.stimpson are closely monitoring our systems and making adjustments as needed. Late last week, Jesse noted the following changes:

• Call durations are approx 30% longer than normal
  • SMS messaging is up about about 20%
  • MMS messaging is up by about 100%

As a result of these observations, action was quickly taken to bring additional capacity online to handle the increased load.

The impact of the virus was felt even earlier, though. On our inventory team, @mark.d has been working closely with our suppliers to keep inventory available as factories in China shut down weeks ago. He has been closely monitoring availability from alternate sources and making sure our purchase orders are in place as manufacturers bring facilities back into action or move production to other locations. Mark is also working with @jerroldj to have possible back-up plans in place in case our fulfillment center decides to halt operations. While selling phones is not our utmost priority, the availability of replacement devices is important to any member who loses or damages his phone in any circumstance.

@alysonclayton and our People Services team have taken careful measures to make sure that our staff members are able to work remotely if our offices need to be closed. If anyone on any of our teams experiences symptoms that might signal a contagious condition, or even if they feel anxious about coming into an office environment, they have been empowered and equipped to work from home. @Tom.C has made sure that our Help Team is prepared to continue to serve our members remotely if offices do need to be closed.

On a very personal note, if you have been impacted financially by illness or by the economic impact of measures being taken across the nation, please let us know if there is something we can do to assist you. If you need a little extra time to pay your bill, we can work with you to make sure your service line isn’t canceled by our automated billing system. We appreciate each of our Republic Wireless members and we wish you the very best as we all work through this challenging situation together.

26 Likes

Could Republic Wireless join other carriers in taking Chairman Pai’s “Keep American’s Connected Pledge”?

It includes free unlimited smartphone data from all four major service providers (Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T) and:

• Not terminating service due to an inability to pay
  • Waiving late fees
  • WiFi hotspots
1 Like

Hi Melissa, I think Republic has addressed what it can already:

Republic doesn’t have late fees

Republic doesn’t own a wifi network so there’s nothing for them to do here. AT&T owns a large wifi network and they’re opening it up to everyone. It doesn’t apply for most companies, not even Sprint, T-Mobile, etc and certainly not Repulic.

4 Likes

Our company continues to monitor the effects of this situation. Please see an update from our CEO, here:

1 Like

How does one notify Republic directly that they need more time to pay? Billing is auto pay with no other option.

You would open a ticket which billing staff then can work with you on.

2 Likes

Did that. Was hoping there was a more direct way.,

Hi @johnh.rj2uuf,

If you’d like to work with someone over the phone, just let them know in your ticket, but they can take care of things efficiently by ticket. Is your billing cycle date tomorrow?

Auto pay will withdraw on Sat, so I think tomorrow is end of Billing cycle. Thanks for your help.

I’ve replied on your ticket. I’m not set up for calls, but everything is taken care of.

Thank you. Your reply to my ticket hasn’t shown up yet. Hopefully I’ll see it soon.

1 Like

I’m an idiot. I typed it all but failed to click the “Send” button. You should have the reply now!

Got your email. Thanks! This helpd so much. Really appreciated!

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer