Republic Wireless App Update: Version 3.17.0.42

rw_app_update
releases

A new version of the Republic Wireless app began a staged rollout today, December 12, 2017, for Republic Wireless 3.0 phones. We’ll continue to release it in a staged rollout throughout the next week.

Release Notes

Release Date: 12/12/17

Environment:

App Version: 3.17.0.42

Description:

• Support for new plans
  • Cell data usage is now the default tab
  • Adaptive icon for launcher
  • Various bug fixes and stability enhancements

Instructions for Updating Your App:

Still no republic app update, can't see data usage!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Oreo 8.1 support?

With the Pixel phones being updated to 8.1 the name of the network that the phone is connected to states null. This is in regards to the Republic App notification panel.

This appears to be the 2nd report of “Connected to null” see Oreo 8.1 support?
Hopefully you or @dana have reported this via a Ticket

Republic is aware.

This latest version of the RW app seems to have fixed my “null” issue.

Hopefully it fixes call dropping issues I had since upgrading to 8.1. Fingers crossed!

Does it now actually state the network name or has it just stopped showing
null?

Just says “WiFi”, so not 100% yet I guess.

I just updated my Moto X Pure to 3.17.1.1 that was recently made available ( and it still works for me) If you are at that level and it still does not properly display the connected WiFi SSID/Name on your phone, I would suggest you open a Ticket

I believe the referenced issue is specific to Android 8.1.0 (Oreo), currently limited to Pixels and Nexii to the best of my knowledge. I do not know if 3.17.1.1 is intended to squash that particular bug. In any event, it’s cosmetic. One still sees the proper SSID in Android Settings.

No need for a ticket. Republic is quite aware, the issue is cosmetic, and only impacts 8.1