Republic Wireless App Update: Version 3.17.1.1

rw_app_update
releases

A new version of the Republic Wireless app began a staged rollout today, December 18, 2017, for Republic Wireless 3.0 phones. We’ll continue to release it in a staged rollout over the next few days.

Release Notes

Release Date: 12/18/17

Environment:

App Version: 3.17.1.1

Description:

• Various bug fixes and stability enhancements.

Instructions for Updating Your App:

No data usage shown in the Republic Wireless app

I’m still on 3.16.0.59 two releases back. This kind of sucks not having the latest version ever. Is there a way to get earlier access maybe a beta program that gets the updates first?

EDIT: I just got an update to 3.17.0.42 looks like I’m only one update behind now.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I very much appreciate the desire to be on the bleeding edge. I’m with you on that, however, there is no early access beta program for the Republic app. One day that may change but I don’t expect that day will be soon.

8 posts were split to a new topic: No data usage shown in the Republic Wireless app

A post was split to a new topic: Cannot manage my data. You do not have permission to change the plan on this phone

Wondering why I’m still on App version 3.7.0.42 ? How long before my Moto Z Play gets an update?

My Moto Z Play got updated to 3.17.1.1 about a half hour ago. I checked for updates and it popped up.

All RW Apps are rolled out through Google Play, normally in a controlled environment … small %, look for smoke, then gradually push up to 100% (with no preference given to any group of individuals or devices) . I see others are reporting that they have received updates, and I just got mine

I am very happy to report that I just received the latest update! 3.17.1.1 seems to have rolled out faster than other updates.

Just received the update on my MXP, yep, that was fast!.

Just got 3…17.11 on my s7 edge

Hi @shari2,

Republic Wireless app 3.17.1.1 is released to 100% of our 3.0 users. When you follow the instructions here, can you tell us where it fails?

Just checked one of my 3.0 phones. In play store it does say update available.

The RW app says Up to date which it obviously is not so this may be a minor app issue that will be resolved with the next update?

I would not expect it to be in the scope of the next release.

Are you saying it’s a known issue for the RW app to indicate up to date when it’s not up to date and an update is available? Have auto updates off and have relied on the RW app for advice.

Hi @williamo.vkbg0s,

I’m afraid I don’t understand why you’re asking if I’m saying some specific sentence with words I clearly didn’t type.

You stated that when you check the app, it says it is up to date. You also stated or asked (sorry, the grammar there is throwing me off) that “this may be a minor app issue that will be resolved with the next update?”

I was only saying that I would not expect what you have described as a “minor app issue” to be resolved with the next update.

That’s all I was saying.

Since you’ve observed that the app is not reliable for this advice, I would suggest you check the Play Store app for updates, or keep an eye on our Announcements here in Community.

I always look to the Play store to update my Republic app, rather than on the app itself. I find that to be the most efficient way to make sure I’m up to date on the app.

Just thought that members would be able to rely on the RW app to advise that an update was available. Apparently the RW app is not reliable in that respect and not a priority to RW to make it so.

I will take dave_kc’s advice if service issues are encountered that may be fixed by an app update.

If it were my call, I’d get rid of that particular feature. Duplicating functionality already in Google’s Play Store app is a waste of resources.