Republic Wireless App Update: Version 3.18.0.80

rw_app_update

FYI:
if you open the google play store and search on republic wireless app
it will bring it up with the uninstall and update options
that way you can go ahead and update the app without having to wait up to 24 hours to get it…

if you open the google play store and search on republic wireless app
it will bring it up with the uninstall and update options
that way you can go ahead and update the app without having to wait up to 24 hours to get it

Myth buster: Some have also said to do an Uninstall/Install and you get the latest. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Sorry but this method joins the wishful thinking that many of us have tried countless times. Like all things Google, you will get it when Google makes the push available, never sooner

@jben,
as @southpaw
has stated

100%

9 phones on 4.0 (3.0 as some like to call them)
checking the app, showed that they were up to day, tapping the up to date on your phone info screen on the phone showed 3.17.1.1
going to google store and tap the 3 line and the my apps and games showed not updates
hitting the refresh still not updates
going back to home on google play store
taping in the search box
then typing republic wireless app
let it search and allow it come up
there were 2 options presented on the left was uninstall and on the right was update
9 phone, all showing no update, doing a search, all came up with the uninstall and update options
all 9 phone have the 3.18.0.80 version of the RW app…

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
- Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio

or

There are more things in heaven and earth, @jben,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

My statement was based only on historic results and my understanding, not philosophy :smiley:
A qualified perhaps: After Republic announces that they have reached 100% you are correct, however, they do not as a general rule announce that fact.
jBen

true!

Myth may now have some basis.

It has been my experience if a member wisely has Play auto updates disabled and checks for available updates to their RW app in Play the new update may be available there when the RW app is still indicating it is up to date. IOW the app may sometimes have an advisory lag.

:flight_departure:

got both of my updates to moto5x an they came ota via republic wireless to the phones .Did not have to go to the aap store.

Most RW apps are sent via the Play store. Play Store has auto-updates on by default. The majority of members never know there has been a new update installed unless a change in phone behavior is noticed.

This morning after opening the RW app it is still indicting “App Version : Up to date” and a good example of the advisory lag mentioned in my previous reply. I then went to the Play Store app and see a RW app update is available that wasn’t yesterday. It’s not an issue for me, shouldn’t be for other members and something RW is aware of. It’s just an observation related to the topic. This information would only be useful for members without the default setting and possibly some others overly concerned about having the latest RW update.

:flight_departure: