Republic Wireless App Update: Version 3.19

rw_app_update

A new version of the Republic Wireless app began a staged rollout today, April 9, 2018, for Republic Wireless 3.0 phones. We’ll continue to release it in a staged rollout over the next few weeks.

Release Notes

Release Date: 04/09/18

Environment

App Version: 3.19.0.56 3.19.1.1

Description

• Improved handling for WiFi calls and messages
  • New: WiFi Reminder. Reminder to turn WiFi back on after it is manually disabled
  • Quicker playback for new voicemail messages
  • SIM cards now available for free on the app

Instructions for Updating Your App

Accidently used up cell data while at home--WIFI turned on and no warning from telephone
Republic update
Q1 2018: What's New and What's in the Works

The roll-out of Republic Wireless App version 3.19.0.56 has been replaced with version 3.19.1.1. We will continue to release 3.19.1.1 as a staged rollout over the next few weeks.

If you received 3.19.0.56, you will receive version 3.19.1.1 as part of this new, staged rollout.
If you did not receive 3.19.0.56, you will receive version 3.19.1.1 and you will not need 3.19.0.56 first.

The change from 3.19.0.56 to 3.19.1.1 was cosmetic, there was no known service-impacting issue in 3.19.0.56.

The release notes remain the same as those posted by @beng, above.

When will I get republic app update 3.19?

Hi @josephs.humgw3,

The update is rolling out in what’s called a “staged roll-out” from the Google Play Store. Our developers do this in order to watch the app as more and more members update it, to be certain it isn’t creating widespread havoc.

Our developers do not control who gets the update when; that is somehow managed by the Google Play Store. They simply set the “stage” of the roll-out and the Play Store determines the availability of the update to individual accounts.

At this time, the update is currently available to 50% of those who have it installed. If our developers see no reason to alter the current schedule, we’re targeting Monday morning to adjust that percentage to 100%, which would make the update available to everyone by the end of Tuesday.

I’ve moved your post into the existing, relevant topic, so we can focus the conversation in one place.

I have seen some apps on the Google play store allow for Beta testers to get new releases first. Could Republic Wireless do the same so that people that want and accept the risks could always have the latest and greatest version first? If yes then GREAT sign me up. If no then why not?

Hi @l33tlinuxh4x0r,

There is currently a very limited Beta, and the participant pool is comprised of some of the Community members who are extremely engaged in helping our members on a regular basis. If our developers ask me to find candidates to deepen that pool, I will certainly let you know.

Thanks Glad to hear it. And kudos! You always have all of the answers. Thanks for all of your efforts.

Where in the app are the SIM cards available? Thanks.

:flight_departure:

The offer will present itself when someone is testing a phone for compatibility. If the phone is compatible and does not have a SIM card, then rather than being directed to buy a SIM card, the app will point to our current free SIM card offer.