Republic Wireless App Update: Version 3.20.3.4

rw_app_update
releases

A new version of the Republic Wireless app began a staged rollout today, June 7, 2018, for Republic Wireless 3.0 phones. We’ll continue to release it in a staged rollout over the next few weeks.

Release Notes

Release Date: 06/07/18

Environment

App Version: 3.20.3.4

Description

• Various bug fixes and stability enhancements.

Instructions for Updating Your App

Android P developer build and RW app version 3.20.2.1

Description

• Various bug fixes and stability enhancements.

any chance we might get a little more detailed description of the fixes and enhancements?

Hi @adam,

The changes built into this version don’t have any impact in members’ regular use of the app. We updated the language on one the app screens and made an improvement in how the app interacts with our servers.

Does the new version work with Android P? Just curious as I’m itching to upgrade but still need my phone to work.

Republic doesn’t support pre-release version of Android. Even if they’re working towards compatibility they won’t publicly state Android P compatibility until a production release is made.

Thanks for the reply. I already knew that they don’t support pre-release versions. However They just said that it was a bug fix release so I was wondering if maybe P was the bug that they squashed.

Lol. Not supporting pre-release versions isn’t a bug.

I would consider it a bug. Lots of other developers have it on their bug/to-fix lists.

If for any reason software doesn’t work it is a bug.

8 posts were split to a new topic: Android P developer build

One annoying thing about the v3x version of the app is that you can swipe the app off your screen, losing the logo at the top left. The only way I have found to get it back is to restart your phone. Any other ideas?

try airplane mode on and off

Just so you know, your quarrel is with Android. Google has decreed notifications shall no longer be static, which results in the ability to swipe the Republic notification away.

Toggling WiFi works for me.

It can be restored by toggling Wi-Fi off and back on. It returns whenever your connectivity status changes. It is explained in detail here: