Republic Wireless App Update: Version 3.21.0.92 - 07/25/18

A new version of the Republic Wireless app began a staged rollout today, July 25, 2018, to 1% of our members for Republic Wireless 3.0 phones. We’ll continue to release it in a staged rollout over the next few weeks.

Release Notes

Soak Release Date: 07/25/18*
*Note: This update is being slowly released over the next few weeks

Environment

App Version: 3.21.0.92

Description

• Disable false “No Voice Service” notifications from Phone Services
  • Easier to understand activation instructions
  • Per-app data usage displayed in MB instead of percentage
  • Automatically retry sending MMS media on failure
  • Fix issue when merging conference calls on LTE
  • Fix for connection to Republic Verified WiFi hotspots
  • New icons for notifications
  • Remove extra “Power Saving Mode” notification
  • Various bug fixes and stability enhancements

Instructions for Updating Your App

5 Likes

Can I PLEASE get in on the new 3.0 app. I have had some of these old problems for over a YEAR!

Hi @joshl.mq3veo

I can hear the frustration in your text! Please tell us more about your phone and the issue(s) that are causing you to experience that frustration.

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @joshl.mq3veo,

The roll-out continues, through the Google Play Store’s staged roll-out process. If no unforeseen circumstances arise, it is on target to be available to 100% of the app’s users by Tuesday 8/7.

Yeah, well, certainly some issues here. Mine did an automatic update to this version and now it won’t connect to valid 3G cellular networks. Leaves me dead in the water, no network connection via cell even when it should. I’ve had a help ticket open for several days now and no-one even told me this release might be a cause!

Hello @josephd.wzluv5
I have not seen this reported by others on this board What steps has support had you try to fix this?

My first step would be to reset the Republic configuration by dialing *#*#VOIP#*#* or *#*#8647#*#*

1 Like

Did that. Among other things. Still intermittent issues with this. Still working with support.

No solution found as of yet. Help ticket open for almost two weeks now and approaching 100 messages back and forth. I still suspect this app update is to blame. This update was coincidentally applied to all three of the phones in my household that are having these issues (and not the 2.0 phone, which does not have any issues). I highly recommend Republic review this update and find a solution for these issues - roaming or off-network loss of data connection to Republic servers, despite good cell coverage and no apparent agreement changes in the area.

Message an
Expert customer