Republic Wireless App Update: Version 3.22.0.84 - 08/27/18

rw_app_update
releases

A new update to the Republic Wireless app is being rolled out for 3.0 phones. See our Release Notes :point_down: for more info.

What is a 3.0 phone?

Hi @williamg.1vgjzm

All 3.0 phones use the My Choice plan.

You can find all the phones supported by Republic Wireless, sorted by 3.0, 2.0, 1.0 etc. at the following link:

They are basically the phones that came out after we stopped using a custom built firmware. Since that is a big subset of phones, we use that nomenclature instead of listing out all phones.

So does that mean my Nexus 6P by Huawei, with the baked-in firmware, won’t be getting this update?

As an aside, I ordered and tried the new 3.0 Sim card (which switched my phone over to the Sprint network) and it was horribly worse coverage and reception than my current T-Mobile (is that 2.0?) network … so I switched back.

You Nexus 6P is a 3.0 phone. The only phones that aren’t are the Moto Defy XT, X1, X2, G1, G3, E1 and E2.

There is no baked in firmware. Your Nexus 6P and all Republic 3.0 phones are North American factory unlocked variants. Republic does not modify the Android operating system in any way on 3.0 phones. You’ll get the update to this version of the Republic app but it’s a slow rollout.