An update to the Republic Wireless app was released yesterday evening at 100% (keep in mind it usually does take several hours until it is available via the Google Play Store). Last week, we released version 22.214.171.124 as a staged rollout. We reached 50% rollout yesterday when we received word of an issue affecting some users after a Google Play services update. In order to correct this issue, we released a new version as quickly as possible. This new version includes the same release notes as the previous one plus the fix for the new Google Play services update.
This update is only for Republic Wireless 3.0 phones and includes the following:
- Detect usage of Android Nougat’s Data Saver feature.
- Fix for voicemail greeting playback.
- Fix for blank screen sometimes shown during activation.
- Fix for icon rendering issue on some phones.
- Fix for blank caller ID in visual voicemail when the call was received from a restricted number.
- Various stability improvements.
For instructions on how to update your Republic Wireless app, please go here.
Thanks, and have a great day!