Republic Wireless Is #1 In The World!

Originally published at: https://pwk.republicwireless.com/republic-wireless-is-1-in-the-world/

Republic has been rated #1 in the world – yes, IN THE WORLD – out of the top 1,000 telecoms for quality of customer support through email. Republic was recognized by support platform Netomi as reported by Email Insider. We took the gold with a near perfect 99.8 out of 100, well ahead of the silver and bronze medal winners from Indonesia and Malaysia. This was based on personalization, response time, thoroughness of the answer, as well as showing we care. (Source: Customer Service Benchmark report by Netomi)   Unfortunately, our fellow American telecoms did not represent the good old USA…

19 Likes

That’s nice that RW got such a good rating on email, but what other American cell plans use exclusively email for customer communications? I’m a 6+yr RW member. Email response is good and has gotten better over the years. But it’s not like talking to a live person! Lack of live communication is the main reason I don’t recommend RW for business use.
Just read 2 articles on best low-cost plans and 10 best MVNOs. RW didn’t place in the first article and was kind of an honorable mention in MNVOs, behind Mint and Ting. Hmmm?
IMHO, RW is still a good plan, but not the service and price leader it used to be. There is some fearsom competition out there.

Asynchronous communication such as email has its advantages. There are times, it’s more convenient to raise a ticket in the morning say before work, then have an answer waiting when the work day ends.

At other times, synchronous communication is better. While Republic does not offer a published inbound phone number, it does offer live chat. Additionally, it’s entirely possible to arrange conversation over the phone with a Republic agent though one does first need to open a ticket and request to work over the phone.

My opinion is quality customer service is more dependent on those delivering it than the method by which it’s delivered. Comcast, after all, publishes an inbound phone number. I’ve yet to have a good experience calling them.

I’ve experimented with both. Mint does offer attractive pricing for those whose use case involves higher amounts of cell data use. Ting’s pricing model is unique in that it’s truly pay for precisely what one uses. Literally everything is metered including inbound calls and text messages. Neither Mint or Ting offer value added features like Extend Home or Republic Anywhere albeit the latter is no longer actively developed. I’d also mention this Community as a significant Republic advantage. Both Mint and Ting offer forums. Neither of their efforts are anywhere near as robust as this one.

In terms of customer service, I had a poor experience with Mint. Like Republic, Ting has a deserved reputation for customer service excellence and my customer service experience with Ting was positive. Tucows (Ting’s corporate parent) has recently sold the mobile operation to DISH network, so we’ll see how that goes.

For me, Republic offers value at what I find to be a fair price. That said, there’s nothing wrong with market competition. As a consumer, I wish strong market competition existed for all the goods and services I purchase.

5 Likes
Message an
Expert customer