🎉 Republic Wireless makes Forbes "100 Most Customer-Centric" list! Our Experts are a large reason why!

On June 30, 2019 Forbes posted 100 of The Most Customer Centric Companies, and Republic Wireless is delighted to be listed in the Telecom category!

Even more exciting (to me) though, is the special acknowledgment that was given to our hard-working and dedicated @Experts !

Republic Wireless. Average customer satisfaction scores are higher than 90%, largely because some calls are answered by other expert customers for a more personalized touch.

:tada: Please join me in congratulating our Experts :tada:
for being recognized by Forbes for their hard work!

My own words would not be sufficient to describe how impressed I always am with the work of our Experts, so instead, I’ll share some of the testimonials written by those they have helped.

28 Likes

I’m going to speak on behalf of all the @experts here to say that we could NOT do what we do as well as we do without the unwavering support that @southpaw shows to both us, and every single customer we work with. From being sure things we need escalated are handled in a timely manner, to keeping us up-to-date with the latest information, to working directly with a customer, even in the middle of the night, Southpaw is a tireless advocate for the Experts and every one of Republic’s customers.

25 Likes

Well done everyone!!! What an awesome achievement for both Republic and it’s Expert support team!

10 Likes

Let me second what @louisd said here… @southpaw makes this very possible!

12 Likes

Congratulations, and well deserved!

10 Likes

Congratulations to Republic wireless and their Expert’s on the great job of augmenting the RW Support Team’s by providing outstanding Customer support.
A special thanks to @southpaw for her tireless contributions!

11 Likes

This is a well-deserved honor. Contributors in the Community and @southpaw are some of the main reasons I feel so comfortable with RW. Thanks to all for your tireless and thoughtful efforts. With all that added to terrific savings, I’ve found my wireless home. :smiley:

12 Likes

As you can see, not only are our Experts a diligent bunch, they are also a humble bunch. They might try to blame me for their success, but if you even start to add up the total number of questions answered by this group, you’ll quickly know that there’s very little I could do to make such overwhelming activity possible. These Experts are tireless in their commitment to making sure our members get the help they need.

I appreciate the kind words about me, but that’s not what this topic is for. These Experts deserve a hearty round of applause and plenty of kinds words dedicated to them alone.

9 Likes

I agree, @southpaw has helped me many times. Congratulations.

7 Likes

I’m going to congratulate no single individual but rather the collaborative efforts of those involved (Republic staff, partners and, of course, my fellow Experts). Recognition as being among America’s most customer-centric companies is a collective achievement most worthy of that.

I encourage folks to click through and read the Forbes article. There are impressive companies besides Republic there (many of whom I and I’m confident others here do business with). Congratulations to them as well both for being recognized and for recognizing the importance of focusing on one’s customers. Sadly, far too many companies fail miserably in that regard. Shockingly, Comcast didn’t make the list. It’s no accident two companies popular among cord cutters (Netflix and Sling) did so.

I’ve always liked to think of Republic’s Expert program as an extension of Community. In my opinion, the Community itself is another example of Republic’s focus on the customer. From its earliest days (which I was not here for), Republic has provided this venue for members to interact with and learn from one another. That said, focusing on the customer also means meeting the customer (or prospective customer) more on their terms and a Community forum isn’t for everyone. Still, it’s more intertwined than one might think. There are instances where I’ve helped the very same members here with one issue and as an Expert with a different issue.

For some, Republic’s approach seems unconventional, however, unconventional can be quite successful. So, once again, kudos to all involved! And, to my friends at Republic, in the Community and my fellow Experts, keep up the great work. Establishing excellence is a challenge. Maintaining it is a bigger challenge. I expect we’re all up for it.

16 Likes

A big shout out to our Experts and to @southpaw - thank you for your tireless work with our members!

8 Likes

Congratulations to the experts, ambassadors, community and @southpaw for this amazing accomplishment. Even more than this recognition, what speaks volumes is the ongoing engagement, feedback and customer satisfaction from members who are served by this group. I am routinely humbled and amazed by the daily contributions made by this community to better serve Republic’s members. Thanks so much for being such an integral part of Republic’s mission.

9 Likes

@rolandh Well said! Thank you, Ambassadors, Experts, and Republic Wireless Members for everything.

5 Likes

RW does something so unique that I always brag about how I can get any problem solved to anyone I can. I feel so supported and appreciative of all the Staff, and Experts out there.
THANK YOU ALL!!!

8 Likes

There are lots of kinds of customers from sheepish to aggressive, and I can state that when I have had problems I have really busted on Republic and been extremely hard and critical. Still, they are patient and professional, attending to my issues as well as any company could. On that basis, and having tested them very severely, I would agree they rate 9.5/10 for doing for their customers. (Notice I cannot do 10/10, I just can’t.)

3 Likes

Here, Here for all the experts like @louisdi and all the others! And southpaw certainly deserves some credit too! I have observed her just visiting the boards and she will jump right in and help out too. I know that the experts along with @southpaw have helped me on more than one occasion! Congratulations on the Forbes recognition!!

3 Likes

To follow up on the comments of others, a special “tip of the hat” to Southpaw! She is a true jewel in RW’s crown. If I were starting a new business, I’d be looking her up to head my customer service division.
On another note, the person writing the review of RW apparently does not understand the business model - that there are NO customer service “calls,” my one true disappointment with RW over the last 5 years.
" 1. Republic Wireless. Average customer satisfaction scores are higher than 90%, largely because some calls are answered by other expert customers for a more personalized touch.".

Hi @awolf,

You raise a valid point regarding the fact that Republic’s Experts do not work with customers over the phone. Candidly, in my opinion, the quality of help provided is far more important than the means used to facilitate the conversation. In other words, I’d much rather have a productive, ticket, chat or (not my personal favorite) social media interaction than participate in an unproductive call. For example, everyone’s favorite example of wonderful customer service, Comcast, offers the ability to call in. I can’t say I’ve ever found calling them to be productive and they’re hardly the only company I’ve done business with where that’s the case.

The above said, Republic’s support model has evolved. In appropriate circumstances, Republic’s agents (not Experts) can and do provide telephone support. The conversation still starts online via a help ticket, however, if requested in a ticket, Republic’s agents will work to facilitate mutually beneficial communication including by phone where that’s the best approach.

1 Like

Valid point re: Comcast! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I have Comcast only because nothing else is available where I live. But when I was with Ting, before RW, the telephone customer service was pretty good to excellent.

However, not so much re: phone calls! After going on with a real problem for many days, with responses to my questions taking 24 hrs. or more, I requested a phone call. 24 hrs later I got an email. lol NO phone call or even acknowledging I even asked for one. In desperation, I had to order a new phone. As a result, my advice to inquiring minds is stay away from RW if you use your phone for business or need it for emergencies. Otherwise, I’m here for the price.

All hail Southpaw!

Message an
Expert customer