Republic Wireless not supported on Google Voice

I am being asked to verify my info on Google Voice but it comes back Republic Wireless US not supported and wants me to name another carrier. Is there a carrier that Republic uses that I can choose?

Hi @rodger,

Might we have some additional context in order to try better assisting you? Are you attempting to link your Republic number to Google Voice using the Google Voice app on your phone? Are you trying to use your Republic number as a means of verification for acquiring a new Google Voice number? Something else?

For what it’s worth, I’m able to link my Republic number to the Google Voice app on my phone. This means, I’m able to forward my Google Voice number to my Republic phone and and make calls from either my Republic number or my Google Voice number from my Republic phone.

I have been using Google Voice for several years to provide a local number where I do business. It forwards calls and texts to my Republic number. That’s all it does. They are asking me to verify my Republic number or the will cancel my Google Voice account.

Thanks for the additional context. As mentioned, I’m able to forward my Google Voice number to my Republic phone. Doing so using the Google Voice app on my Republic phone amounts to making it a “linked number”. The verification is a six-digit code sent via text message to my Republic number. Have you tried using the Google Voice app on your Republic phone to verify?

Thanks, that worked. I forgot about the Google Voice app.