Republic Wireless now supports the OnePlus 8 for BYOP

The OnePlus 8 is now supported for BYOP. :tada:

Model number IN2015

This means that although we do not offer this phone in our online store, it can be brought to our service with the purchase of a Republic Wireless BYOP SIM card.

Please note that this phone is compatible with only our GSM SIM card for cellular coverage on T-Mobile’s network. If you’re not sure about coverage in your area, please ask in our Community and we’ll be glad to help.

We support only the North American Factory Unlocked version of any BYOP phone. We are not able to support carrier-specific models. Please make certain any phone you are considering for BYOP is supported by installing the Republic Wireless app to check for compatibility, or consulting our Community guidance at How to Find a Compatible Unlocked Phone .

9 Likes

I don’t see this on the BYOP list and wonder what else is not yet on the BYOP list?

Hi @usanzac,

What are you looking at and referring to as the BYOP list?

This phone is included on https://help.republicwireless.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005789107-Republic-Wireless-Phones

It is also included on our BYOP drop-down menu on Compatible Phones with Republic Wireless Service – Republic Wireless

And that drop-down menu links to its own BYOP page at OnePlus 8 – Republic Wireless

It’s even included on the unofficial but extremely informative Detailed Supported Phone Features

2 Likes

Perhaps I found myself on a weird page but I have been unable to emulate the steps I took to get there again.

I’m looking at listings that show this to have 256GB built-in storage. I thought it was a 128GB device but don’t see the specs here. I know the important factor is that IN2015 be the actual model number.

Since I’m here, does the SIM card I bought for my Moto X4 BYOP transfer seamlessly to a new BYOP phone or do I have to buy a new one?

As you ‘bought’ your SIM, I would guess you have a GSM SIM?
See: Moving a Current Republic SIM When Upgrading to a New Compatible Phone

Thanks for the link (I am guilty of being lazy). Looks like moving the SIM from a current Moto X4 to the OnePlus 8 is straightforward!

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer