Republic Wireless sim card not working

I broke my Moto G play 4th gen and bought a new off of Ebay and put my old sim card in from my old phone and learned that my sim card wont work on the moto g play I bought from ebay because it wasn’t bought directly from Republic Wireless and I am wondering if there is an way I can use my old sim card.

From what you describe your old phone was a Moto G Play and the replacement you bought on eBay was also a Moto G Play. Unless you deactivated the old Moto G Play the SIM from it should work in the replacement phone UNLESS it was a CDMA SIM. If it was a CDMA SIM (Sprint coverage) then you will have to open a service ticket to get a replacement for your new phone.

Hi @bridgettz,

Everything @billg advised is accurate. To that, I’ll add I hope the Moto G4 Play you purchased from Ebay is the North American factory unlocked variant (model XT1607) and not the Verizon Prepaid variant (model XT1609). A Verizon Prepaid variant won’t work no matter what Republic SIM is in use.

A shot in the dark that might get the old SIM working would be to “VoIP” the new phone. Here’s how:

1. Tap the Phone icon.
  2. Tap the Dialer icon.
  3. Dial ##8647##
  4. The dialer will disappear. If an activation screen appears, wait for the process to finish, then tap GREAT THANKS!.
  5. The Republic Wireless notification icon may disappear briefly then reappear. If the icon does not reappear after one minute, Restart your phone.
Message an
Expert customer