Reusing Galaxy S7 Edge SIM in a Google Pixel 3

Can I move at Republic bought and activated Galaxy S7 Edge SIM to a Google Pixel 3? Or do i need to buy a new SIM from Republic?

It all depends on the SIM. If it’s GSM it may be moved to the Pixel 3 where you’ll also need to install the Republic app if not already done. If the SIM is CDMA, let us know as that gets a wee bit more complex. Here’s how to tell the difference: How to Tell If a Phone Is Active on GSM or CDMA – Republic Help.

Thanks Roland. I checked and it is GSM. I’ll have the pixel next week and do the transfer. Do i need to inform republic to make the phone operational or is it all attached to the SIM?

In that case sir, you are good to go.

1. Insert the SIM in your Pixel 3.
  2. Download and install the Republic app (if not already done) on the Pixel.
  3. Open the Republic app to launch an abbreviated activation sequence. Your service will move from the S7 edge to the Pixel. No need to inform Republic.

Moving the SIM will move service but not user content. Fortunately, for the latter, Google includes an excellent utility with Pixels. It’s part of initial setup of the phone if you’ve not already done that.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer