RW app update now requires a voicemail password

After the RW app update I very recently did, my voicemail now requires a password and it did not before on my Moto G1. I do not want a password. I can’t seem to not have one. Any advice? Also, I used to have a nifty feature where text messages appeared on the home screen and other things and that is now gone.

Actually this password requirement was implemented a few months ago for security reasons.

Voicemail

There are dozens of posts in the Community about this.

Sorry, I don’t have the phone you have and can’t comment on your text message issue.

I realize I may not be wording things so others may understand. I used to be able to “listen” to a voicemail without actually dialing into the voicemail and a little trashcan appeared and I could just dump it. Now I actually have to dial into voicemail and put in a password and I am not a fan. My text message issue is that I used to have little bars appear on my phone that would show a text message when one came in, if I had a missed call with a voicemail, and would also show that I had an alarm set to go off soon, stuff like that. Now there is nothing. I liked that feature.

there should still be a visual voice mail feature on the Moto G 1st Gen

from the link in @billg post

https://community.republicwireless.com/docs/DOC-1981-voicemail-lollipop-51#voicemail1and2

When you receive a new voicemail, you’ll get a notification at the top of your screen. Tap on the notification to view and listen to your voicemail.

Access voicemail messages from the phone menu

1. Tap the Phone icon.
  2. Tap the three vertical dots in the top right corner of the Phone app.
  3. Tap Call History.
  4. Tap VOICEMAIL on the right hand side.
  5. Tap on a voicemail message.
  6. Tap Listen.

Still not what I mean. The picture you are showing is what I am referring to, the white bar and I could tap it and listen to the voicemail. Now that does not show up any more.

I am pretty sure @drm186’s are what you are referring to if you would give them a try when you have a voicemail.

I used to get white bars like this – not any more, don’t know why, don’t know how to get it back. I know how to retrieve a voicemail. Never mind.

Moderator’s note: Image edited to remove phone number.

when a new Voicemail comes it it should give you that white bar on the notification screen until you clear it by swiping or go in to the voicemail to listen to it

if notification have stop showing up check that they did not get turn off by going in to the setting/apps/all/Dialer

Hi @Stuckin79,

You might check some settings to see if notifications are set to be hidden.

Open the Settings app and tap Sound & Notification.

Then scroll down to the Notification section and make sure “When device is locked” shows “Show all notification content.”

Just below that, tap App notifications and scroll down and tap “Republic Wireless.”

Make sure those toggles are both set to “Off.”

If the changes happened immediately upon installing an update to the RW app, it may just need a fresh install. Here’s how to accomplish that.

1. Open the Google Play Store app and use the search box to search for “republic wireless.” Tap the Republic Wireless app that has the square icon.

2. Tap Uninstall and confirm the action.

3. Open the Google Play Store app and use the search box to search for “republic telephony.” Tap the square icon.

4… Tap Uninstall and confirm the action.

1. Once the phone has uninstalled both apps, reboot the phone.

2. Once the phone reboots, open the Google Play Store app again, search for the same two apps, and this time “Update” them both.

Let us know if we’re getting close to getting your phone back to the way you like it!

I did it and still nothing. I used to even get a little sound notification when a message was left and it does not even do that now. I get the little tiny phone icon at the top that a call came in and you have to swipe down, but nothing shows a message was left at all. I used to have little bars go right across the center of the screen and it was cool. Now it is just average.

can you run a test in safe mode to see if an app is hiding this as this is basic android notification for 5.1 Safe Mode

Just to update things, suddenly after 20 minutes of leaving myself test messages, the messages came through, so do not know what that means exactly. Any more, I am really not worried about it. Thank you, though, for all your help.

Message an
Expert customer