RW arc goes hollow off and on -- Wifi Issue?

The RW icon, the arch, keeps going hollow then full every few seconds, which I take to mean that the wi-fi is going in an out and won’t keep a sustained connection on my home network. The wi-fi connection is working fine on my laptop, which leads me to believe that it is not a router issue. The phone (Google Pixel) says the signal is “excellent”. I have turned the phone off and on. I have reset the wi-fi settings. I don’t know whom to turn to for help.

Hi @joycer.8l1xdd and welcome to the Member Community. Looks like you have already done some good first steps. Recommend you use the following How to Perform Basic WiFi Troubleshooting – Republic Help just to help check some of the basic items. Sometimes simply rebooting the router will clear an issue even if other devices are working correctly.

Here’s a Tips & Tricks article with a lot of detailed information about WiFi Help - Internet connectivity - COVID-19 and the current times

Here’s a guide that explains the connectivity status notifications – What are the Connectivity Status Notifications? – Republic Help

There are some other Members that are exceptionally sharp with routers and various phones and can help with other possible WiFi issues. I’m sure they will jump in with other suggestions too!

1 Like

Thank you, this seemed to have done the trick.

Take care,

Joyce

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer