S8 upgraded to Pie voice mail icon doesn't work

My wife’s S8 upgraded to Pie and now the voice mail icon does nothing. So if you hit the phone icon, go to recents, you can see calls that left a voice mail. You used to be able to hit the I button and the the voice mail icon to play them but that does nothing now. I can hold down 1 and check that way.

What phone do you have? S8

What plan are you on?

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? all

Issue Description

0 Likes

Visual Voicemail instructions not working on Samsung Galaxy S8

Hi @rileyo.vx0t2i,

We’ve seen a couple of reports just as you are describing, and we are investigating the matter. If you’d like to open a ticket with our Help team, please ask them to investigate it as part of master ticket 1638123. By opening a ticket, you help us determine how large the impact of the issue is.

If you prefer not to open a ticket, I’ll also update this topic when we have a resolution, so anyone following this topic will know if there is anything they need to do on the phone to clear up the issue.

Pinging @Ambassadors for situational awareness.

3 Likes

I am having the same problem, I tried to Submit a Ticket filled all the boxes however, trying to Submit does absolutely nothing, the page just hangs there.

0 Likes

Hi @rileyo.vx0t2i and @glb,

I’ve seen one member report that the problem was solved after he was asked to take two steps.

I was wondering if you might try these steps, but one by one, and let us know whether the issue is solved after just the first one, or after both.

First:

After you follow those steps, is the issue cleared up? If not please try:

Please let us know whether either/both take care of the issue.

@glb, I’m sorry to read that the help ticket form was not submitting for you. You can also submit a ticket by E-mailing help@republicwireless.com, but if these steps above solve the issue for you, there’s no need to do so.

0 Likes

That did not fix it.

0 Likes

I’ve just filed a ticket requesting to be linked to the master ticket mentioned by @southpaw here. There’s an S8 on my account seeing the same issue.

I will try the steps above later on today when I have access to the phone.

0 Likes

Message an
Expert customer