Safe Mode? - Huawei Ascend 5W

How do I enable safe mode?

• When switching on the phone, press and hold the volume down button and the phone will enter safe mode.

When the phone is switched on, if you press and hold the power button and select Power off in the displayed menu, the system will display a Reboot to safe mode dialog box. Touch OK to restart your phone and enter safe mode.

After entering safe mode, a prompt will be displayed in the lower left corner of the screen.

Some phone models do not support safe mode.

http://consumer.huawei.com/ca/support/products/faqs/detail/y6-ca.htm?id=55398

I’m unable to start my Ascend 5W in safe mode. Huawei Support suggested I use it to T/S battery issue. Would appreciate knowing if others have been able start in safe mode. Web search turned up a few articles and video that haven’t worked. Thank you.

Hi @williamo.vkbg0s,

For what it’s worth, others have told me the guidance you quote above does work for getting the Ascend into Safe Mode. They’ve done it. I’ve yet to get it to work for me.

From Huawei Support:
When switching on the phone, press and hold the volume down button and the phone will enter safe mode.
Or, when the phone is switched on, press and hold the power button and select Power off in the displayed menu, the system will display a Reboot to safe mode dialog box.

I’ve yet to get it to work for me.

@rolandh ,

Good to know I’m not alone. Huawei Support gave another dialog box option that didn’t show up or work. Was able to get my Honor 6X to start in SM so it doesn’t seem to be a fat finger issue.

Opened a RW Support ticket and asked them to give it a try on one of their phones. Maybe they know something we don’t and offer a solution.

Do your app shortcuts rearrange themselves when you reboot your Ascend? Mine do and it’s a PIA.

Message an
Expert customer