Samsung A10 says it has been hacked

What phone do you have? Samsung A10

What plan are you on? 1 GB

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? data, talk and text

Issue Description

Phone is showing a message saying it has been hacked. Wants to download an app to find and repair the security breach. It keeps sending stronger notices saying it will freeze my phone and shut down y service if I do not respond. Keep getting random notices fro sites such as Amazon, Walmart and emails that weren’t generated by me. Any ideas how to fix this issue?

Hi @hitch,

I would start with a reboot of the phone.

If you’re still having warning messages after a restart please look over these suggestions from Samsung:

2 Likes

This is a typical tactic for spammers and generally does not indicate the phone has been hacked. It instead is simply a notification from the mobile browser. Are you using Chrome or the Samsung browser App? Clearing data on those apps will usually resolve this notification.

Thanks for the response ! I kind of figured it was a scam but would like to clear the messages that keep coming. I am using google and duck duck go as browser. I do not use chrome or the Samsung internet. The messages come in on chrome and does not seem to affect google or DDG. just that messages continually bombard the screen when the phone is turned on. Have to swipe the messages clear from the screen to clear them They come back next time the phone is used.

The Google browser is Chrome.

Go to Settings – Apps and find Chrome in the list. Click in to it and then select “Clear Data” if you see it there. If not, select “Storage” and then you should “Clear Data” on the next page. Select it.

This should resolve the issue.

Google browser is chrome. Well, that explains a lot! I was not aware of that.
Thanks for that info. I am going to try your fix as soon as I can. I’ll post and let you know how it went. Thanks so much.

I followed your instructions. had to go to chrome storage and the could not find clear data, but did find clear cache so cliched on that. hope this will do it.

It worked! Thank you so much for your time and sharing your knowledge on this issue.

1 Like