Samsung A11 will not send text without wifi

My new Samsung A11 will not send or receive texts without wifi. Calls are going through ok sometimes. I’ve had a lot of dropped calls though.

Hi @justinp.lyw7dd and welcome to the Community!

On the surface, this sounds like a coverage issue. If comfortable sharing, might we trouble you for a zip code (nothing more)? May we also know which SIM your Galaxy A11 is provisioned with? Here’s how to tell:

Thanks, zip code is 38858. I checked to see if its GSM or CDMA and it says SIM type Unknown

This is a Republic app glitch, we see from time to time on some phones. Your SIM is GSM.

In that area, you want CDMA. Here’s how to ask for it:

How to Request a 3.0 CDMA SIM Card – Republic Help.

To be certain we’re not overlooking something simple:

Thanks, I appreciate the help. I’ve requested a CDMA SIM card.

Hi @justinp.lyw7dd,

At this time we are not able to provide a CDMA SIM card for the A11. We’re hoping to bring that support very quickly, though.

There are a couple of other basic things you should check too. The first is to make sure that you’re not trying to use the Samsung Messaging App. It won’t work properly and should be replaced with Google Messages. The second is to check that you have cellular data turned on at all times in the Android settings. Either of these things would keep texting from working on cellular.

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer