Samsung a50 not working after android update 6/30/21

I did both

Hi @jennifers.lyg4dg and @bob7794,

Events have made some of the questions I asked earlier outdated. Have you tried this:

Others are reporting it has solved the issue for them.

I tried that. No change. It keeps telling me to put in a SIM card in, I’ve put the SIM card in 3 times and it’s not responding.

If resetting cellular settings isn’t solving the issue, I suggest you open a ticket.

Thanks

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Samsung Galaxy A50 Test Messaging Troubles

I have been working with Support through a Help Ticket for 6 or 7 days now. (I’ve honestly lost track!) 2 identical A50s, same CDMA SIMS, same problems; Finally handed off to Engineering last night, still waiting for a reply.
I wish you all good luck! My Wife may force a provider switch on me…

Hi @donsvg,

Thank you for your patience. It is troubling when an Android update creates issues like this, and the troubleshooting process can be very tedious.

We have seen at least one member report the issue was resolved by factory resetting the phone. I don’t know if you’d want to take that route, or wait to see what our engineering team comes up with.

I’ve done around 6 factory resets and multiple various repeated programming codes, including the 3 listed in the previous thread.
Thank you though. It’s now an admitted problem that has been solved and I hope the solution will be published Shortly?

I’m surprised that it just showed up here yesterday. Someone else must have had the problem days (weeks) ago, other than me.

I’m going to need a new SIM card, my Sim card I got just last month is not recognized on my phone anymore.

1 Like

Hi @donsvg,

It is an issue we are investigating as a bug. We do not yet have a solution. As soon as we do, we will share it in each ticket that has been attached to the bug (yours is currently the only one), here in Community, and in our Help Center.

No. You were the first person to bring to our attention that the Android update for Android R was available to the Samsung A50. These updates often roll out slowly - hitting a few phones at a time. You can thank Samsung for rolling the update out to your phone so early.

My apologies, it was wishful thinking that the below announcement covered a problem that sounded identical here.

Jul 1, 2021

Provisioning Issues

Resolved - This incident has been resolved.
Jul 1, 19:54 EDT

Monitoring - A fix has been implemented and we are monitoring the results.
Jul 1, 15:27 EDT

Identified - The issue has been identified and a fix is being implemented.
Jul 1, 13:51 EDT

Investigating - We are currently investigating reports of provisioning issues with one of our cellular partners . We’ll provide updates here when we have more information. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and thank you for your patience.
Jul 1, 12:15 EDT

I see. I’m sorry that was ambiguous. A “provisioning issue” usually means that phones cannot be activated, and numbers cannot be assigned. Anything we list as an "outage’ is affecting very large numbers of people and is not typically restricted to just one or two phone models.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Republic needs to work better with Samsung phones

Hi @jennifers.lyg4dg,

I notice that your help ticket on this matter is now marked solved. Is your phone now working correctly?

@danialj.rhhbmx, has your A51 kept working after you reported in your ticket that you had solved it? If so, could you tell us what setting you corrected?

Can someone please reply to my ticket that was opened regarding this same exact issue whenever it is found to have a solution? I have the Samsung A50 phone issue too and the newest UI update making Republic Wireless service not work correctly. The RW app is constantly crashing, Sim card notification about it not recognizing it, and can’t make messages/calls properly. I was told in my ticket to contact Samsung, but I have no warranty or anything like that, so they pingponged me back to RW since it seems to be a functionality issue with RW app and service specifically(The CDMA sim card), as all my other apps and features work on the device with the new UI update in place. I am having the same issues as stated above, and I may have to switch away from RW if it’s not fixed soon, it’s not making my job work possible for me unfortunately.

Edit: if it helps, I’ve tried all the troubleshooting mentioned above and then some. I’ve factory resetted many times in multiple ways, but there’s no way to “rollback” that particular UI update that broke it apparently.

Other than a factory reset, there is no other current fix. I’m surprised to hear that didn’t work. As the customers I’ve worked with in their tickets and chats have indicated that it did resolve the issue.

Other than that there are only two options. 1) Move to a GSM SIM as phones with the GSM SIM are not impacted. The earliest you could get one, even with overnight shipping, is Wednesday.

1. Wait for Samsung to issue a fix, but there’s no idea when this will happen.

To be clear, you did a full factory reset, removing all of your info from the device are requiring to set the phone up overall from scratch like it is new?

Hi there,
Yep, I’ve completed multiple factory resets, removing all of my info from the device and requiring to set it up as a blank slate.

Thank you.

Edit: I’m going to submit to re-activate my old RW Moto X Pure phone for now until there is a potential fix.

Does your Moto X Pure still have its SIM in it? Do you know if it was a CDMA SIM? Because if it was you should be able to simply use the Republic App on the device to reactivate it.

Message an
Expert customer