Samsung a50 shutting down

My Samsung a50 randomly shuts off, what is happening and is there a fix?

Hi @jennifers.lyg4dg Welcome to the community! There can be a few different causes of this. We can probably narrow it down with some more info.

I know you said “randomly” but when it generally happens are you using the phone? Doing something particular? Does it happen at lower charge levels? Anything at all that seems to be consistent?

It happens whether I’m using my phone or not. The phone is fully charged. It started when I was using Spotify on my phone, so I uninstalled Spotify and it still happens. It doesn’t seem to be anything consistent.

The most common cause of this issue is the battery on the device reaching the end of its life. But, you’d normally see that as the batter level drops, or when the phone is under particular load, so it makes it hard to definitively say what the cause is.

Does it happen regularly? Meaning does it happen at least every few hours or is it completely random and might not happen for days?

It happens about once an hour or so. It even did it when I had on the charger.

The phone is a a year old

OK, I’m going to recommend trying Safe Mode and seeing if it still does that. You’ll want to do it at a time that you don’t need your phone as in Safe Mode you won’t be able to call or text. Give it 90 minutes to see if it still does it.

1 Like

Okay, thanks I’ll give it a try later today.

I tried putting the phone in safe mode and 30 or so minutes later it restarted. I just had a notification come up that Republic doesn’t like the Textra app, could that be the issue?

Hi @jennifers.lyg4dg,

Per this article try:

https://thecellguide.com/how-to-fix-samsung-galaxy-a50-that-randomly-shuts-down-6343

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Galaxy A50 logo shows, release all three keys.
  4. Your Galaxy A50 will continue to boot up into the Recovery Mode. Once you see a black screen with blue and yellow texts, proceed to the next step.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition .
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes , them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

I uninstalled Textra, that seemed to be the solution. Thanks for all the help everyone!

I hope you’re right, that would be a first for me (I use Textra on a number of phones). Let us know if it turns out it doesn’t solve the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer