Samsung A72. Will it work on Republic Wireless? If yes does it have to have a certain model number? Thanks

Samsung A72. Will it work on Republic Wireless? If yes does it have to have a certain model number? Thanks

It will not work with Republic. To this point Republic has never offered the A7X phones and there’s no info as to whether the A72 will ever be offered by Republic.

You can let them know of your interest in it here: Survey: Bring Your Own Approved Phone (surveymonkey.com)

The full list of compatible phones is here: Republic Wireless Phones – Republic Help

1 Like

The Samsung Galaxy A72 SM-A725F/DS 256GB 8GB RAM | GLOBAL FACTORY UNLOCKED has not even hit the market in the USA yet. Except on eBay. It is the next generation from the A71, which I beleive was sold by Republic Wireless at one time. So, when you say it will not work, what are you basing this reply on???.
I did do the other things you mentioned.
Thank you.
Specs:
Network|Technology|
2G bands|GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)|
3G bands|HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100|
4G bands|LTE|
Speed|HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A|
Body|Dimensions|165 x 77.4 x 8.4 mm (6.50 x 3.05 x 0.33 in)|
Weight|203 g (7.16 oz)|
Build|Glass front, plastic back|
SIM|Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)|
IP67 dust/water resistant (up to 1m for 30 mins)|
Display|Type|Super AMOLED, 90Hz, 800 nits|
Size|6.7 inches, 107.8 cm2 (~84.4% screen-to-body ratio)|
Resolution|1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~394 ppi density)|
Platform|OS|Android 11, One UI 3.1|
Chipset|Qualcomm SM7125 Snapdragon 720G (8 nm)|
CPU|Octa-core (2x2.3 GHz Kryo 465 Gold & 6x1.8 GHz Kryo 465 Silver)|
GPU|Adreno 618|
Memory|Card slot|microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)|
Internal|256GB 8GB RAM|
Main Camera|Quad|64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.7X", 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS
8 MP, f/2.4, (telephoto), 1.0µm, PDAF, OIS, 3x optical zoom
12 MP, f/2.2, 123? (ultrawide), 1.12µm
5 MP, f/2.4, (macro)|
Features|LED flash, panorama, HDR|
Video|4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps; gyro-EIS|
Selfie camera|Single|32 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8", 0.8µm|
Features|HDR|
Video|4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps|
Sound|Loudspeaker|Yes, with stereo speakers|
3.5mm jack|Yes|
Comms|WLAN|Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
Bluetooth|5.0, A2DP, LE|
GPS|Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS|
NFC|Yes (market/region dependent)|
Radio|Unspecified|
USB|USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go|
Features Sensors Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Battery|Type|Li-Ion 5000 mAh, non-removable|
Charging|Fast charging 25W|

Having literally written the book on how to find a compatible phone for Republic:
How to Find a Compatible Unlocked Phone - Tips & Tricks - Member Community (republicwireless.com) and 5 or so years answering this question something in the tens of thousands of times as an Ambassador and Expert.

Phones do not work with Republic until they work with Republic. If and when the A72 becomes compatible, it will appear on the compatible device list: Republic Wireless Phones – Republic Help

Until it does it is incompatible.

And no, Republic has never offered an A7X phone as I indicated. The top of the line A series phones offered to this point are the A5X models.

Let me reply for @louisdi

• I would say he bases his response on the official Republic Help document which he provided links to Republic Wireless Phones – Republic Help
  • Republic requires special testing and certification before approving any phones, and the RW App/backend processing will prevent any non-approved from connecting. This is to ensure that their patented processes continue to function properly
1 Like

You give me too much credit for reading the docs and not enough credit for ego.

2 Likes

New data point, Samsung has confirmed the A72 will not be released in the US. Anyone who was hoping this phone may show up at Republic can now formally give up hope.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer