Samsung Android 12 Software Beta Program

I installed the Samsung Android 12 beta software on my Galaxy S21 Ultra. The only problem I’ve encountered is the following: I can make and receive calls using the cell towers but when I make a call using wi-fi, I can hear the other party but they can’t hear me. Has anyone else tried this software and have you run into any problems?
Does Republic have to modify its software in the future for Android 12 to work?

Have you turned off the Samsung WiFi Calling?

1 Like

Beta versions are not supported. You will need to revert back to the supported version to ensure proper functioning: https://help.republicwireless.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002047553-Republic-Wireless-App-Not-Working-on-Phones-with-Beta-Operating-Systems

2 Likes

Hi @seniorgeek,

One of our engineers noted the same experience you’ve described.
Ideally, Samsung would modify their build as part of the beta, based on feedback they receive. It would be very helpful if you’d report the issue you’ve described using the feedback option in the Samsung beta program.

Other than by participating in the Beta, we have not yet been officially provided the build by our contacts at Samsung, so we are not able to begin any discovery or development for this build.

2 Likes

Yes, all recommended settings have been made.

2 Likes

@southpaw Thanks for the informative reply. It’s good to hear your engineers are already looking at the software. I’ll just have to wait until you have more information. I’ll revert back to Android 11. I would like to volunteer for any beta work on Android 12 in the future if possible.

2 Likes

Hi @seniorgeek,

We always appreciate your willingness to try out new things, even though they may not work! Sometimes people just get into Betas because they want to be the first to have whatever’s new, but they fail to understand the potential for issues and the responsibility that comes with participating.

Were you testing beta release 2? We’re seeing outbound audio working on this release, and I’m wondering which release you were testing?

1 Like

Good morning @southpaw,
I was testing beta release 1. It’s very encouraging to hear release 2 is not showing the same problem. I’ll install release 2 and report back on any problems I encounter.
I have been testing Windows 10 and 11 as a windows insider. I enjoy overcoming problems providing feedback. Let me know if I can help in any way.

2 Likes

@southpaw
I have now installed beta release 2. Outbound and inbound audio for calls is working properly. No other problems to report at this time. I will be methodically going through all menu settings to check for bugs to report to Samsung. I will in turn pass them on to you.

4 Likes
Message an
Expert customer