Samsung Free Application

I have a new Samsumg Galaxy a51 phone. I’ve had it for several months. Today I learned that the Samsung Free app used up all my data. I don’t want the app, don’t ever use it. How can I disable it or get rid of it so it doesn’t use up my data? Any suggestions?

Hi @barbaraw.010854 and welcome to the Community!

I got bit by that also. So far, the following is working for me:

Long press (tap and hold) on a home screen
Swipe to the left until you see Samsung Free
Toggle it off to the upper right

Samsung says it has fixed the issue with a recent update to the Samsung Free app, so you might also check to be certain the Samsung Free app is up-to-date.

1 Like

Thank you for your quick response. I did go into Samsung Free and toggle the switch to the right.

As far as the latest update, I went into my phone settings and did an update on the phone. Will that take care of Samsung Free?

Thank you,

I wish to be certain I’ve been sufficiently clear. The position of the relevant toggle is to the upper right of the screen. The off position of the toggle itself is to the left. You do not want to see blue in the toggle as that indicates it’s in the on position.

Regarding updating the Samsung Free app and some other Samsung apps on its phones, that’s done using Samsung’s Galaxy Store app (Samsung’s equivalent of Google’s Play Store app. If you don’t see the Galaxy Store app on one of your home screens, swipe up from the bottom of your phone. You’ll be presented with a list of all the apps on your phone. Swipe the list to the left until you see the Galaxy Store app, then tap its icon. From there, tap the three stacked lines to the upper left, followed by tapping Updates.

1 Like

Roland,

Thanks so much for your advice. I did change the toggle so it doesn’t show blue and I went to the Galaxy Store to do updates. I hope this does the trick. So far so good.

Barbar

1 Like

You’re most welcome!

This has been my experience as well.

Thanks for letting me know about the blue in the toggle. I had it wrong. Also, I’ve done the update as you instructed. Thanks for all your help. I couldn’t have done it without you.

Barbara

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer