Samsung Galaxy A10e and A20 are now available in the Republic Wireless online store!

The Samsung Galaxy A10e and Samsung Galaxy A20 are now available in our online store and supported for BYOP.

Samsung Galaxy A10e

A10e_Dual
Key Features
:heavy_check_mark: 5.8" HD+ Display1
:heavy_check_mark: 3000 mAh Battery2
:heavy_check_mark: Octa-core Processor
:heavy_check_mark: 8 MP rear camera

Full Tech Specs are available in our online store.

1 Measured diagonally, Galaxy A10e’s screen size is 5.83" in the full rectangle and 5.7" with accounting for the rounded corners; actual viewable area is less due to the rounded corners and camera hole.
2 Based on average battery life under typical usage conditions. Average expected performance based on typical use. Actual battery life depends on factors such as network, features selected, frequency of calls, and voice, data, and other application usage patterns. Results may vary.

Samsung Galaxy A20

a20

Key Features
:heavy_check_mark: 6.4” Infinity Display3
:heavy_check_mark: 4000 mAh + 15W Fast Charging Battery4
:heavy_check_mark: 1.8GHz Octa-core
:heavy_check_mark: 13 MP rear camera with LED flash

3Measured diagonally, Galaxy A20’s screen size is 6.4” in the full rectangle and 6.2” with accounting for the rounded corners; actual viewable area is less due to the rounded corners and camera hole.
4Based on average battery life under typical usage conditions. Average expected performance based on typical use. Actual battery life depends on factors such as network, features selected, frequency of calls, and voice, data, and other application usage patterns. Results may vary.

We support only the North American Factory Unlocked version of any BYOP phone. We do not support carrier-branded or international variants. Please make certain any phone you are considering for BYOP is supported by installing the Republic Wireless app to check for compatibility, or consulting our Community guidance at How to Find a Compatible Unlocked Phone .

Only the following model numbers of these phones are supported for BYOP.
Samsung Galaxy A10e SM-A102U1
This may be listed online as SM-A102UZKAXAA or SM-A102UZKAXAG
Samsung Galaxy A20 SM-A205U1
This may be listed online as SM-A205UZKAKAA or SM-A205UZKAKAG

4 Likes

Is Samsung Galaxy A10e and A20 factory unlocked and can use it in Asia and Europe as well as South Anerica?

Hi @youngtaes.bxbxni,

All phones sold in Republic’s online store are North American factory unlocked and, in addition to Republic, may be activated with any service provider (domestic or international) willing to do so. It would be up to specific providers in the regions you mention traveling to whether they would activate them. The phones are also optimized for use in North America, so may come with coverage caveats when traveling internationally. Typically, those coverage caveats, if any, might mean lack of access to local 4G LTE networks. It depends on the local frequencies 4G uses. 3G and 2G is usually not a problem.

This may be of interest: International Travel with a Republic Phone.

2 Likes

I am not very good with tech, so bear with me.

1. So both Samsung A10 e and A20 are unlocked?

2. Even if I change the sim card for that specific region, will i still have a problem with access to service?

ALL Republic phones available since July 2016 are factory unlocked.

When you have a foreign SIM card in your phone, you won’t have access to your Republic services.

Yes

@louisdi has provided the correct answer with respect to Republic service. The other reality is short of the highest end phones (Samsung’s S series, Google’s Pixels, etc.) there is no such thing as a phone optimized to work globally.

Different regions of the world use different cellular radio frequencies particularly for 4G LTE data. That said, I would expect the A10e or the A20 to function well as a phone for talk, text and 3G data most anywhere one would travel. 3G data is perfectly acceptable for Internet access (apps, maps, web browsing). Unless you intend to stream high definition videos while traveling outside the U.S., I wouldn’t be concerned about finding a local (in country) provider and confident you would be able to do so.

Message an
Expert customer