Samsung Galaxy J3

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy J3 (unlocked). The model & build numbers on the phone are compatible to Republic Wireless. However, as I read further down this message was printed on, “bring your own phone to Republic Wireless:” Please also note that the AT&T branded version of this phone is not compatible with our service.

The phone info states the following: Only compatible with GSM carriers, including AT&T and T-Mobile.

Will this phone still work with Republic Wireless since it is also compatible to GSM & T-Mobile carriers? I have purchased a sim card from Republic Wireless.

Thank you,

Christy

Hi @christinam.tj0kep,

So long as you have a matching model and software build, the J3 you purchased should work. Samsung is largely responsible for the confusion as it repurposed model number SM-J320A (originally AT&T carrier branded) for the North American factory unlocked variant qualified by Republic.

Have you downloaded and installed Republic’s 3.0 app: Republic - Android Apps on Google Play? Doing so will confirm your J3’s compatibility.

Message an
Expert customer