Samsung J3 New Update and Now problem accessing voicemail

voicemail

So the new update just occured and now I am left wondering how to access the voicemail. All I can see with the new layout is the time a voicemail was delivered to the phone and the option to delete the history on when the voicemail was left. Where I normally clicked play the option has disappeared and the screen looks so different that I am having trouble remebering where it was in the first place.

I need the voicemails for work. So far I have been able to call people back and aplogize that I cannot seem to access my voicemails though I cannot apolgize forever and need it to work.

TIA Ursula

Sorry I don’t have any suggestions for getting things back to your previous layout.

You should still be able to easily access your voicemail by using the phone’s dialer and dialing 1.

Hi @ursulah.em3esg,

The visual voicemail interface is nowhere near as obvious now that your J3 has been updated to Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) but it’s still there. To find it:

When you receive a new voicemail, you’ll get a voicemail notification icon small notification at the top of your screen. Swipe down from the top edge of the screen and tap on this notification. Now tap the Samsung contacts voicemail icon Nougat small on the right end of the voicemail entry, and then tap Samsung contacts voicemail Play Nougat small to hear the message.

Access voicemail messages from the phone menu:

1. Tap the Phone icon.
  2. If not selected, tap Recents at the upper left.
  3. Tap any item here which has a Samsung contacts voicemail icon Nougat small under the phone number.
  4. Tap the Samsung call history info Nougat small to see the message details.
  5. Tap the Samsung contacts voicemail icon Nougat small on the right end of the voicemail entry.
  6. Tap Samsung contacts voicemail Play Nougat small to hear the message.
  7. To delete the message just heard, tap on the date/time-stamp of the message, then tap Delete at the upper right, now tap the voicemail item to select it, and tap Delete at the upper right again.

I’ll concede the design is convoluted at best.

Thank you so much for this info!!! Much appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.