Samsung J3 - want to switch to REpublic

My husband has a one year old Samsung J3 on TMobile prepaid. I would like to switch him to Republic, which I use and am very pleased. Can he use that phone? How can I do that? Is it “locked?”

Hi @elizabethm.12ptrb

I’m guessing the phone may indeed be ‘locked’, depending on what terms it was purchased under, but i am by no means an expert on such things. RW supports Model SM-J327U

That said, from the brief description you have given I am led to believe you may be able to unlock it.

Hopefully someone more educated in the topic will be along shortly. In the meantime, here is a link to T-mobile’s relevant support page.

Read through the requirments and if you feel they are met, you should be good-to-go.

Hope this helps. :slightly_smiling_face:

their have been 2 Samsung Galaxy J3 that Republic has supported (the 2016 and 2017)
the models Republic has supported have been the North American Factory unlocked version (not carrier branded or international versions)
Republic Wireless Phones – Republic Help

For the Samsung Galaxy J3

• NMF26X.J320AUEU2BQJ4
  • MMB29K.J320AUEU2AQB1
  • MMB29K.J320AUES2APJ2
  • MMB29K.J320AUEU1APE9

Thanks @drm186

(I was having trouble searching for model/build numbers)

Thanks so much for the help. How do I find these numbers to see what model he has?

The easiest way to see if your phone is compatible is to download the republic wireless app from the Play Store and the app will tell you. If you use this Bring your own phone to Republic! | Republic Wireless link there is also information on how to find the model and build numbers.

I found the receipt - it says SAM J327T, but not SM J327U, does that mean it may not be the right model? Thanks for the response.

That would be the T-mobile version and not the North American Factory Unlock version Republic supports :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.