Samsung J3 WiFi Problems

What phone do you have? Samsung J3
What plan are you on? My Choice + 1GB
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Data also

Issue Description

Two days ago, the internet connection started to be extremely slow on my Samsung J3 when connected to WiFi. Using a speed test, it was running at less than 1 Mbps, and I have 100 Mbps internet. This problem occurred on other WiFi networks as well. I tested the speed on other devices connected to the the same WiFi networks, and they had strong, fast connections. Also, when I turn WiFi off on my J3, the speed is over 20 Mbps on the LTE network. This all indicates there is something wrong with the WiFi on my J3. The phone is only 2 months old.

If anyone has any advice that would be most appreciated.

can you go into the wifi setting and forget the network and then add it back…
and if that does not help, try

Thanks for the suggestion. However, neither procedure fixed the problem. Any other suggestions?

try putting the phone in safe mode and running your speed test again…

Thanks, but in safe mode, the speed is still less than 1 Mbps.

ok power off the phone all the way, then power down your router/modem 30 seconds or more later power on your mode/router and the phone and try speed test.

if that does not work

the next thing I would do is clear the cache, try speed test again,

next reset the j3, note you will clear everything on the phone, all info. make sure you have a backup/ most times it the gmail address you used when setting up the phone

if that fails then you may need to contact samsung

and as always it can’t hurt to open a ticket to see if support has anything that hasn’t been tried…

1 Like

went back and looked at the specs

2.4 GHZ only
WiFi: 802.11 b/g/n (2.4 GHz)

depending on your wifi router, you could try turning off the 5.0 GHZ radio on the router and check speed then…

closed #8

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer