Samsung J3 with 6 months free promotion

I am about to use this promotion:
https://republicwireless.com/bring-your-own-phone/?spMailingID=11083242&spUserID=MTQ2MDEwMjkwMDE4S0&spJobID=1161897659&spReportId=MTE2MTg5NzY1OQS2

, which says that I should bring an existing phone.
Will this phone advertised on Amazon work?

Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) Duos SM-J320H/DS 8GB Dual SIM Unlocked GSM Smartphone - International Version, No Warranty (Gold)

I had heard that phones from other carriers do not work with RW, so I want to be sure before buying it. Thanks

Did you purchase the SIM during the promotion period?

And no, that phone won’t work. Only the US Unlocked SM-J320A version of the J3 works with Republic.

the Galaxy J3 is one of the 2 hardest to buy for BYOD as the North American Factory unlock model shares it’s model number with the AT&T model but they do not share their build numbers,
(note the other phone like this is the Samsung S6 which shares the Model number with T-Mobile model)
the best way to know for sure is to ask the seller what the build numbers are

For the Samsung Galaxy J3
MMB29K.J320AUES2APJ2
MMB29K.J320AUEU1APE9
Please note: The AT&T branded version of this phone is not compatible with our service.

I haven’t bought a SIM yet, because I thought it was valid until June 5th

It had to be bought by the 22nd and activated by the 4th. Sorry, you’ve missed the promotion.

Oh well. In that case I will probably just buy a phone directly from RW.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.