Samsung s20 sms messages require tap to download

What phone do you have? Samsung s20

What plan are you on? I pay by the year

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? 1 GB data

Issue Description

We have two Samsung S20 phones. One works fine, the other requires “tap to download” for Messages (SMS ) Using the Google Messages (Not Samsung). However, “tap to download” is not working. I have restarted the phone several times. Driving me nuts !!
Thanks, Norm

I think this is happening because the group I was in had the wrong phone number. Whatever the number is that was originally associated with the account vs my real phone number. New group with correct number seems to be working. Thanks.

Just go a message from someone else with “tap to download” and it will not download. Problem is still there.

Please try this to resolve the issue: How to Ensure the Republic Wireless App Is Not Put to Sleep by the Samsung Operating System – Republic Help and you may want to review the rest of the steps here: Optimizing your Samsung Galaxy phone for Republic Wireless - Tips & Tricks - Member Community to be sure everything is all set-up optimally.

Thank you for your response. I will give it a try.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer