Samsung S6 on sale 5/7/2017 only

Woot.Com had the SM-G920T on sale today. Their sales are one day only. It’s refurbished. The price seems decent. It has a 90 day warranty through woot, but usually you can get a Square Trade if you are so inclined.

Be sure and double check the info, but as far as I can tell it should work.

Moderator’s note: Title edited for date relevancy.

1 Like

Looks like this is already sold out, however, it’s important to note the T-Mobile branded S6 (locked or unlocked), which this item may or may not be won’t work with Republic. The conundrum is there are multiple S6 variants designated model SM-G920T. One is the North American factory unlocked variant. Others are T-Mobile carrier branded variants. for this reason, Republic specifies specific software builds as follows:

For the Samsung Galaxy S6

• MMB29K.G920TUES5DQB1
  • MMB29K.G920TUES5DQA1
  • MMB29K.G920TUES5DPL1
  • MMB29K.G920TUES5DPK1
  • MMB29K.G920TUES5DPI2
  • MMB29K.G920TUES4DPH2
  • MMB29K.G920TUEU4DPG2
  • MMB29K.G920TUES4DPF1
  • MMB29K.G920TUEU3DPD6
    Please note: The T-Mobile branded version of this phone is not compatible with our service.

The relevant document is here: Republic Wireless Phones.

1 Like

I agree we don’t know for sure if this is the North American unlocked version or the T-MOBILE version that’s been unlocked

I still see the deal for the next 17 hours and was able to add to cart [did not purchase as I not in the market for a new phone and yet]

Samsung S6 Unlocked GSM 32GB (S&D) - Electronics.Woot

Interesting, the link I found said sold out. The fact it’s 32 GB (the North American factory unlocked variant is only available in 32 GB) is hopeful. The fact the specs say Lollipop rather than Marshmallow is not. I’m not in the market for a $200 roll of the dice myself.

1 Like

Did the North American unlocked version come in Black, White, and Gold? As those options are there for this.

Excellent question. The factory unlocked variant required for use with Republic (short of flashing the ROM) is available in black only as evidenced here: Galaxy S6 32GB (Unlocked) Phones - SM-G920TZKAXAR | Samsung US. These appear to be T-Mobile carrier branded units.

1 Like

I wasn’t in the market, so I didn’t ask, but they’re pretty good about answering questions and if you had posted all those builds, they probably would’ve responded with whether or not it was one of those.

1 Like

Fair enough, however, I don’t believe anyone who posted in this thread is in the market either.

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer