Samsung S7 cheaper at Samsung.com

Why is RW charging $799 for a Samsung S7, when you can go to Samsung website and get one for $549, plus free stuff?

Because Samsung is not Republic and vice-a-versa. Why is my local hardware store selling the Same Ryobi drill for $30 more than the Home Depot who is charging $10 more than Amazon? Pricing is a business decision. Republic buys phones from Samsung, they have a price floor based on that. Samsung is a multi-billion dollar company that makes the phones and has complete pricing power. Apples to dogs comparison.

Edited to Add: The Republic Price for the same phone is $699, not $799. And you can buy the phone from Samsung and use it here anyway, Republic just wants the service relationship and sells the phones for the convenience of those that prefer one-stop shops.

I have seen both prices on the Thanksgiving sale from RW. If you click on phones, it is $699, If you click on “get more info”, the S7 is $799. I am only bringing this to your attention. I also wanted to know if I purchased the phone from Samsung (directly), if it would work with RW, and/or if there is anything I would need to do to make it work. But, I believe you answered most of the questions. Thank you.

Just to be sure, yes, you can use an S7 bought elsewhere with Republic but it MUST be model SM-G930U (and the U is important).

Republics will be putting it on sale next week for $574 and it will include the RW SIM

Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge Discount: November 28 to December 30, 2016

$125 off a Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge when you purchase between November 28 to December 30, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. ET.

B&H has the Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930U 32GB Smartphone (Unlocked, Black) on sale until 11-27-16 11:59 PM for 549.99.
INCLUDES FREE TOTAL VALUE: $91.97
• Samsung Fast Charge Qi Wireless Charging Pad (Black Sapphire)
• Samsung Galaxy S7 Keyboard Cover Case (Black Sapphire)
• Samsung Protective Cover for Galaxy S7 (Clear Gold)
• Plus Samsung is offering: Buy A Galaxy S7 Edge Or Galaxy S7 And Get A Free Gear VR Gift Pack. Offer ends: NOV 28 '16

If you buy a phone elsewhere you will also need to buy an RW SIM. Not a big expense but you may want to allow for a few days to process the SIM order and have it shipped to you.

At the price of sim cards $5 I would buy a couple of them. They aren’t perishable and they expire in 3 long years. It’s always good to have an extra incase the one in use becomes corrupt.

*** ~~ßocephous™***

Message an
Expert customer