Saving Photos

A friend sent me several photos in a slide show in a text. How do I save those photos to my gallery and or my personal computer?

Hi @annetteb.kuzyml

You should be able to press and hold the image, which will result in a pop-up menu, giving you the option to save the image(s) in your Gallery.

There are several different ways to save to your computer ranging from USB transfer, connecting wirelessly to your PC(bluetooth or app), uploading to Google Drive or Cloud storage, backup to Google photos, etc.

Let us know if you have a preferred method you would like to use or additional help and we will be happy to guide you through it.

There was not a pop up menu when I did a “press and Hold”. The only thing that happened was an option to go back, pause, or go forward in the slide show.

If I can get the photos from the text to my gallery, I know how to get the pictures from the gallery to the computer.

Please advise.

Thank you!

I see, interesting. Which phone are you using?..(and which texting app?).

Edit: as an afterthought, are you sure the slideshow is not already in the gallery or download folder?..just checking.

Moto G, Base Plan.

I’m not sure how to answer your question about the texting app.

OK, I think I know what is going on, maybe . Press and hold the image within the text itself, not when the Slideshow is opened/running. I do not have a slideshow or another Moto handy to test with.

Did you see my edit in the previous post? (check gallery/download folder).

Message an
Expert customer