Scottathew's Journey to 5.0

I’m still going to do a full write-up later on, but I wanted to report some good news here:

Visual Voicemail works on all four phones! This is a HUGE improvement over our 4.0 plans.

WiFi calling works on three out of four phones! The fourth phone that it doesn’t work on is my daughter’s Moto G6, an older phone.

I was doing WiFi calling between my mother and I, both on our RW 5.0 plans, and it was crystal clear, just like using Google Duo. Better quality than cellular.

7 Likes

If Southpaw was AI, DISH could lease out that AI software and make millions (or billions) of dollars.

4 Likes

To all…It is unfathomable to me that my good old Republic would roll out the new “5 G Power” and possibly better ones and not have the transition set up before the Roll out. And then when talking to myself in regards to set up I go through a litany of Garbel Bok when the person could hasve just said go to the Community Page and there is an Alert indicating the Fix is coming. In regards to that that would have been fine but not even close to acceptable and not normal to my old Republic. Have them been acquired by Microsoft as that has been their operandi for the last couple of years. Not opnly that when I brought my New “5 G Power” I wanted to get a protective cover both the Glass one and either the Rubber one opr plastic one they showed those as sold out but that they had a Leather protector for a whoping 30bucks but no matter what I did it couldn’t be brought. To say I am frustrated would be an understatement.REPUBLIC get your act together and get the FIX on ALL Counts NOW!!!

2 Likes

Could you let us know which model of phones your family had?

Pixel 3a (two), Pixel 4 XL, Moto G6.

Phone Cell
Calls
SMS MMS VVM Data Wi-Fi
Calls
Wi-Fi
MMS
Call
Fwd
Google Pixel 3a G020G :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :x: :x:
Google Pixel 4 XL :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :x: :x:
Moto G6 XT1925-6 :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :x: :x: :x:
5 Likes

Visual Voicemail not active on my phone–moto G7 Play…