Screen goes blank when I make a call

What phone do you have? Moto G4

What plan are you on? My Choice

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Ijncludes data

Issue Description

Starting this morning, I can not make out going phoma calls. Before that, I was getting slow connections and sometimes no connection. Incoming works OK, also text messages. Republic says they have fixed the issue but that was 3 days ago. Maybe my prolem is not related to theer isse?

Have you tried resetting Republic connections?

If this is unsuccessful, can you describe what happens when you try to place an outgoing call? Delays, noises, messages, etc…

1 Like

Re setting connections did not work When I make a call the screen goes blank. I just called my house phone which connects me to my voicemail and the call went through but I couldn’t follow the prompts because I could’s see anything on the screen. I can’t even hang up because I can’t see the red handset. I also called my daughter – same result. Call goes thru but there’s nothing on my screen

Hi @ellens.vipini,

Do you have a case on the phone?
If so, try removing it and see if you have the same problem. (This is testing to see if the proximity sensor is being blocked.)
There should also be a Moto Help app you can use to test the sensor. Here are instructions for that:

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Test says my proximity sensor is not working. Now what?

If you had a case and removed it…try giving the phone a good cleaning (to try and clean the sensor).

If that fails, then it usually means the phone has a hardware problem and would need to be taken in for repair.

2 Likes
Message an
Expert customer