Screen Issues moto x pure: black, lines or gray

I have Moto X Pure Addition with 1 gig data plan running Android 7.0 Nougat that is less than two years old. For the past several months, the screen will go black when it is on, but not being used. The phone still works, I just can’t see what I’m doing on the touch screen because it’s black. I can answer calls and I can reboot, with difficulty (it takes several tries to get the right sequence). So far, the screen has come back every time (about 5 times in 9 months) after the reboot. Two times in the past 5 months, the screen has displayed lines across the entire screen, distorting the display and correcting after a reboot. Today, the screen was totally washed out in gray and came back with a reboot. The Lenovo Web site showed at least a few people with similar sounding problems and they all thought the reboot was an acceptable answer. I don’t, for two reasons: 1) If I go to use my phone and it’s black, I can’t complete my task until I get lucky on the sequence for rebooting and 2) If my $400 phone is going to fail after less than 18 months, I don’t want to own another one. Is the a permanent fix? Thank you in advance for your ideas.

Issue Description

0 Likes

If this issue has persisted after a factory reset you only have two options, replace the phone or have it repaired. I’ve used Motorola’s repair service and it worked well for me.

You might find it easier reboot the phone by holding the power button down for about 5 mississippi’s and then releasing it.

1 Like

I’ve had the problem myself with my Moto Pure, so I appreciate your frustration. I ended up doing a factory reset and returning the phone for another one. You may want to Live Chat with them:

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/mcp/service/

OR:

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/chat/prod_chat_launch/

0 Likes

closed #4

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes

Message an
Expert customer