Scrolling through pictures on phone

I have a Moto G6 Play phone on RW 4.0 running Android 8.0. I save some pictures directly on the phone (under camera) and some on my sd card. All pictures are backed up to Google Photos. When I try to look at pictures on the phone or sd card, I cannot scroll through. I have to close one picture before opening another. On Google Photos, no problem scrolling. I have tried finding a setting on my phone that controls this, but could not find anything. I have also turned off the phone and restarted, but no help. Any help with this?

which app are you using to look at the pictures on the internal storage/SD card?

of the 4 apps I have 2 behave the way you describe
“Files” which replace the download folder does not let me swipe to next picture on device folder
"Total Commander (a file manager download from the Google Play Store) also does not let me swipe to the next picture on device folder
“File Manager” (Motorola file manager downloaded from the Google Play Store) lets me swipe to the next picture in the folder on device
“Photos” (after clicking the :menu: icon and selecting Device Folders) let me swipe to the next picture in the folder on the device

Thank you. I downloaded a different app (photo gallery) which works perfectly

Don

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer