Secure Web hacked?

What phone do you have? Moto Z Play

What plan are you on?

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?

Issue Description

When I hit the link in a Gmail message instead of going to the link it goes to "Lucky Go" or "Mistyplay" app for instillation using the Secure Web. I use a VPN. I have uninstalled the Google Play Game app. I have talked to my virus and malware app and was told that my browser has been hacked but no suggestions as how to fix.

Hi @carolm.9ovjql

This is usually caused by an ill-behaved app or wonkiness in the Chrome browser. To eliminate an ill-behaved app, boot your phone into Safe Mode.

Please let us know if the problem persists in Safe Mode.

2 Likes

Hi @carolm.9ovjql - and in addition to the great suggestion by @johnny5 for testing in safe mode, you might consider clearing the Cache, Cookies, and History from Google Chrome (assuming you are using Chrome as your browser).

Hopefully one of these will help get you back in operation!

2 Likes

That was one of my first fix tries.

I would suggest a full Chrome data clear. Go to Settings, Apps, find Chrome, click in to it. From there either Clear Data or click in to Storage and Clear Data there. Of this doesn’t work, are you sure that the VPN you’re using is credible? The VPN can redirect all your traffic so a malicious VPN app would disrupt all internet queries.

In Safe Mode it doesn’t allow me to click on the link automatically. Any suggestions?

That fixed it! Thanks so much :blush::heart: I actually went to the Secure Web app and did the reset to factory setting for that app.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer