Sending text pic to a email

What phone do you have? Moto g 1rst gen

What plan are you on?

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?
WiFi only

Issue Description

Is there a way to send a texted picture someone sent me to an email?

in Messages by Google this can be done by long pressing the picture and then tapping the 3 vertical dot :dots: and tapping share
one of the option will be to use email app to share the text

2 Likes

I am not sure what you mean by “messages by Google”. thanks

the current texting app produced by google has a icon like this :messages:, the old default texting app (messaging image ) is old out of data and no long supported)

Like I said before, I have a Moto g irst gen, my icon is a green text message icon. So, is there a way I can get e texted pic to a email. If so, I would appreciate it someone could relay the steps.

Thanks

If you long-press on the photo you will get a couple of options
I think there is an option to “save image”

Once you save the image. Go to your Gmail
Start a new message (click on pencil icon)
and click on the paperclip icon to attach a file
browse to the location in your gallery where the photo was saved.

Alternatively you can download Messages by Google app and then follow the instructions that @drm186 noted above.

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

I would strongly consider moving to Messages by Google as the app you’re using is out-of-date and many customers find that it has issues with sending/receiving images on a fairly regular basis.

3 Likes

Thanks, how would I access messages by Google?

You can find it in the Play Store here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.messaging

1 Like

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer