Share your Republic Wireless Savings Story

It’s not just the savings. When it came time to retire my five year old Moto x, I was enticed by another service, offering great prices for a three month plan with data. You don’t know what you got till it’s gone. Their service was terrible, and they were difficult to deal with. On top of that the other company, I call them unusable mobile, took forever to port my number. Sooo happy to be back with republic. Easy to deal with and no surprises.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing your story, and welcome back to our service! We’re glad to have you back, and look forward to saving you more and more on your phone bill :slight_smile:

In 2012 I signed up for Republic Wireless Beta and got a Motorola Defy XT. Four years later I retired from the work force. Correlation does not imply causation, but I maintain that years of decisions such as joining Republic Wireless led to that moment. And now, during this horrible time of Covid 19, I still manage to pay my bills. Correlation may not imply causation, but being a member of Republic Wireless has certainly contributed to my financial health.

2 Likes

We decided to go with Republic Wireless to both save money and to be more mindful of our phone usage. We were constantly blown away by how much we saved in comparison to other phone plans. We often ended up spending only $35 a month for the both of us instead of $110 on our old plan. Saving $75 a month over the last 5 years allowed us to save around $4,500. This in addition to other strategies/tips we’ve learned from Republic Wireless and other like minded companies, we were able to pay off the mortgage on our first home! By learning about Republic, it helped open our eyes to what was possible out there and this opened up a whole new realm of possibilities. We own both of our cars debt free! We do allow ourselves enjoyable purchases but it feels wise/practical and actually beneficial instead of “throwing away” money. Thank you Republic Wireless for showing us that this is possible!

3 Likes

I make only a little over minimum wage at my job and that was before the pandemic hit. So I’m using my savings to pay for the basic necessities I need to survive. Though I really do appreciate the fact that I only have to pay $25 a month for my service I honestly wish I didn’t have to worry about it. #myrwsavings

3 Likes

I’m an early environmentalist and former professional sailor. Republic Wireless suits me just fine. I’ve grown up building small electronic kits from scratch - ie, walkie-talkies, radios, alarms, and even a “Darth Vader” light-up / cassette recorded voice for my son’s Halloween costume one October! Throughout my 67 years, I have always sought to reduce my carbon “footprint” and also “curb my wake”! I love the marriage between tech and the natural world that RW seems to be fostering. Especially, see how Relay helps kids and parents engage in outdoor edutainment naturally and with added safety at a cost most can afford.

I studied Astronomy at Berkeley and learned Celestial Navigation as a young man. For many sailors, using a well-programmed smartphone is often considered essential backup GPS marine navigation. Republic Wireless phones allow downloadable marine charts and free apps as an important adjunct for safe day or night navigation on the water. It’s hard to say how much this is worth to me in dollars and cents. When I was sailing more often with the waterproof Defy XT, the real value was measured simply more peace of mind. (Similarly, being quite weather resistant, Relay affords this same peace of mind to parents … So check it out if you haven’t already)

In my younger years, I sailed with both of my awesome environmentally friendly heroes; Buckminster Fuller and John Denver. I believe their legacy is now well represented with many “responsibly sustainable families” using Republic Wireless. The affordability and efficacy of using WiFi call capabilities is recognized worldwide. I bought a Defy XT as an early adopter and it turned out to be very important when I taught my kids sailing during their teen years. Saving hundreds of dollars compared to our Nextel “walkie-Talkie” flip phones, we were able to send our daughter to Europe on an art history trip with her high-school class. Most folks didn’t believe our monthly bill was only $19 a month.

(Btw, I sold my Defy XT 2 years ago online to an avid bicyclist by listing it as a weather resistant GPS! Precycle, recycle and reuse, right! )

Going green to me has always meant sailing and traveling by small boat worldwide and avoiding air travel where possible. Saving my pennies and dollars, I have traveled to witness total solar eclipses in Africa, Australia and most recently Oregon. In 2014, I purchased 4 custom Motorola Moto X 1st generations for my family and I have likely saved about 2000 per year compared to alternative family plans hyped in the expensive ad campaigns we all see plastered in all mainstream media. Still on my grandfathered Refund Plan now with my Moto X, I'm saving for my next “eclipse trip” in 2024. When I’m careful with my cell data, I can still receive a monthly bill of less than $16. My family and I are all very grateful for Republic Wireless.

3 Likes

Being with Republic from pretty much the beginning has allowed me to save at the very least $50 per month, so I took this savings and started a 529 Education plan for my very first grandson. Thanks Republic!!!

5 Likes

Hi All!

As you may have noticed, it’s been quite a while since we’ve picked a monthly savings winner. Unfortunately, this will be our last month of choosing someone to gift a free month of service to. We’ve got some great things coming up around the Holiday season here at Republic, and I’m excited for everyone to hear more in the near future!

With that being said, let’s draw our last savings winner… :drum:

Congratulations to @alexb.bxzpu3!

I am so happy to hear that choosing Republic Wireless has allowed you all to spend your money on the things that matter to you, and treat yourself from time to time. That’s so important! I will be issuing a free month of service to your account shortly :slight_smile:

A big thank you to everyone who has shared their savings story here in our Community. I have greatly enjoyed reading all of the amazing ways that your savings with our service have impacted your lives.

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer