Ship times for Ascend 5W

I will be going out of town for Christmas starting around December 20th. What are the chances the phone will be in my hands before then if I take advantage of the deal?

Also, does the deal go live at midnight or when RW opens for business?

Most in-stock phones are listed as “ships in 2-3” days…add actual shipping time to that based on your selection of shipping method. Even if you order as soon as the ordering opens up, December 20th seems a bit tight to me. Do you have any means to receive the phone at your destination after December 20th?

Based on past experience, typical new offers go on sale during normal business hours…starting around 9AM

Since the deal goes live on Tuesday the 13th you won’t suffer the weekend delay in shipping and I would expect it by the 19th at the latest. Midnight EST is when I would expect the deal to begin since that is when the 13th begins. To avoid the most common reason for delay carefully proofread your CC number, expiration date and security code unless you already have a working CC on file.

I’ll have until the 26th or 27th at my first destination then I will be going to RWs neck of the woods. I believe RW has had some issues in the past with getting new phones out the door so I’m hesitant to ship it too far from my home but perhaps they have ironed out the issues.

I would be careful around the midnight time as IIRC historically Republic sales tend to start around east coast business hours rather than when the clock ticks over.

Taco Tuesday sale start time seems to indicate RW may have stepped out of the historic age.

the main difference here is Taco Tuesday sale was for existing product line while the Ascend 5W is a New Phone launch which we have not seen outside of Republic business hours (9am-5pm)

Perhaps @southpaw@rw will shed some light on this. In my opinion if RW says a sale starts on a day it starts when that day starts. Moreover it starts in eastern time and ends in Pacific time. When this is not the case the the actual start and end times should be published.

drm186 wrote:

the the Ascend 5W is a New Phone launch which we have not seen outside of Republic business hours (9am-5pm)

RW has made many changes through it’s short history and all sale start times may be one of them. Many members here repeatedly said the TT sale wouldn’t start until NC business hours citing past experiences when it was suggested otherwise. I personally don’t care but as “they” say, if you snooze you loose.

this is true and thing do change until Republic make an announcement we have to assume they will behave the way they have in the past (I see in the past people upset that the release/sale did not happen and they wait and keep refreshing for an hour after midnight

@drm186 you make a good point as it could be frustrating to stay up late and find the sale doesn’t start when expected.

@billg’s good suggestion to get @southpaw@rw involved and for RW to state all future sale times in the offer details as most vendors do should help with the clarifications. An informed consumer may be a happy consumer.

I relied one the email message I received from RW and this differs from the description of the promotion described here:

Special Offers and Promotions

There I see a 2:59 EST start time but no end time. I suppose a lot of people relied on the emailed literature.

2:59am EST is 11:59pm PST the night before so basically this starts and ends at one minute before midnight PST according to the Special Offers and Promotions (good Find and yeys @billg

To me that reads END time, NOT start time.

Hi @drog,

Good questions, and I’m glad you asked. (And thanks for the pings, folks. I haven’t been ignoring you, but rather, trying to make certain I have reliable info.)

I will be going out of town for Christmas starting around December 20th. What are the chances the phone will be in my hands before then if I take advantage of the deal?

We are expecting the Ascend to ship within our normal 2-3 days (which means our fulfillment center will hand it off to UPS within that time frame), maybe even faster. Your shipping method, the fact that there’s no UPS delivery on weekends for our shipments, and any possible UPS shipping obstacles like blizzards could impact delivery. If your travel plans are nudging possible delivery dates, go ahead and sign up for UPS My Choice - Home Delivery on Your Schedule so you can manage the delivery.

Also, does the deal go live at midnight or when RW opens for business?
We’re actually anticipating launch of this particular device and promotion at midnight Tuesday, 12/13/16 ET. (That means on Monday, 12/12/16, you stay up until midnight if you want to see it go live).

Please note my use of the word anticipating. Sometimes things don’t go as planned.

Not to create any sort of frenzy, but flat-out-honest, if-I-don’t-tell-you-I’ll-feel-really-bad-about-it-later, we are expecting these phones to sell out very quickly.

Thanks for that update!

Any outlook on cases for the Ascend. Lot of community questions looking for cases. Will one be available from RW

when the phone goes on sale?

@louisdi , agree with your read as it being time sale ends.

In my experience there are some though few US eat coast vendors that offer internet sale hours extending from 12:00 AM EST to 11:59 PST in order accommodate their customers.

Based on the above, I’m not sure it matters. Sounds like the inventory will be the issue rather than the end time of the sale.

louisdi wrote:

Based on the above, I’m not sure it matters.

What above? Did I miss something about only 33 being available?

From Southpaw:

Not to create any sort of frenzy, but flat-out-honest, if-I-don’t-tell-you-I’ll-feel-really-bad-about-it-later, we are expecting these phones to sell out very quickly.