Shipping my Sim and RW has been sitting on it!

I’m pretty pissed right now. I have been with republic for years and this is what I get?

I ordered my 5.0 Sim’s on the 23rd before 3pm and RW clearly states it will be sent out the same day. But it wasn’t. In fact, I just got a notice that said it was sent out today the 28th… I got a fake ■■ notice that they were sending it out.
Then I got a happy go lucky notice it went out today. Which means they’ve been sitting on it for almost a week.
On top of all that you send it ups? Is that some kind of joke? I would have paid for next day air, but of course you didn’t offer that and I remember pointing this out last time also. I would get it faster going through USPS.

I don’t know what’s wrong with RW, but I’m really unhappy.

3 Likes

I ordered mine on the 18th, still nothing. CSR could not tell me when it will ship and he said he isn’t even sure whether it has shipped.

1 Like

I hate to ask this, but does the tracking actually show it shipping today? I received the shipping notification for my new phone the day after the phone was delivered. It clearly didn’t reflect the actual shipping date. I’m wondering if it could be the same here?

Hi @Nothelping,

I’m sorry you’ve experienced a delay receiving your SIM card. We are going through a transition from our 4.0 to 5.0 plans, including getting set up and situated in a new fulfillment center, and have experienced some glitches. If you look through Community a bit, you’ll see that a lot of members who did receive their SIM cards have experienced issues moving their number to our 5.0 plans, so we’ve been encouraging members to wait, if possible before trying to activate. Your delayed SIM card may have actually saved you even more frustration.

I assure you that you were not singled out as someone we wanted to cause more trouble for. We greatly appreciate all of our long-time members. We are seeing the UPS shipments arrive more quickly than our USPS deliveries.

I received my SIM cards on 12/20, I didn’t get an email until 12/24.

4 Likes

Still waiting on mine, ordered ELEVEN days ago.

2 Likes

Hi @richardh.ehtsrd,

I’ve sent a request to the engineering team to investigate why there is no update on your order yet. Thank you for your continued patience.

I received official shipping information I believe a few days after I got my sim kit.

1 Like

At this point, I believe I’m ready to cancel my subscription and move on to a carrier who can provide even a tiny bit of service. If I need to burn $20 to make that happen, so be it. This has been a ridiculous affair. It’s 2021 and this is a company that can’t even see its own orders in its own system.

This is about as a bad as it gets for a new customer. I am trying to activate a phone, not perform brain surgery.

4 Likes

Hi @richardh.ehtsrd,

I understand your frustration, and you have definitely been waiting a very long time.

There have been a handful of orders (we know of five at this time) that were stuck in an odd “pending” state where they could not be fulfilled. Yours was one of those.

I’ve been assured that replacement shipments for these orders are going out today, and that overnight delivery was specified.

If you wish to request a refund once the order reaches you, please let us know.

Wish I had read all this before I ordered a phone last week. My current phone is on its way out and the site said if ordered before 3 pm est it would most likely be shipped same day. I figured I would have it by early next week but your posts make me doubtful.

1 Like

Hi @lindam.xbak0h,

Welcome to our member Community!

Our same-day fulfillment is, for the most part, back on track, however, it does not apply on weekends and holidays. Some orders placed last week were not processed until this week as the fulfillment center was closed in observance of Christmas.
We are also not yet back on track with sending the shipping confirmation e-mails. It’s possible your order will arrive before the e-mail reaches you.

1st I’m offended you think I thought, you were singling me out. But since I obviously hit a nerve none the less with this topic. I don’t really care what is said, but man this is not good business. I did buy unlocked phones for a reason. Just Saying.

1 Like

Hi @Nothelping,

I’m genuinely sorry to have offended you. We sometimes hear from members who truly believe they’ve been singled out for some sort of poor experience, and I clearly misinterpreted what you wrote.

Have you received your order yet?

I would like to cancel my account and would like a refund on the initial month. I have not yet activated my SIM card.

1 Like

That’s not something that would be done through the community. If you’re unable to do it via the self-service method shown here: https://help.republicwireless.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015372888-How-to-Return-a-Deactivated-Phone-Within-the-Money-Back-Guarantee then you’ll need to open a ticket to make the request.

1 Like

Hi @richardh.ehtsrd,

I’ve replied in your Help Ticket. Thanks for letting us know that we failed to meet your expectations during this transition. We are making improvements daily and look forward to being able to serve our members better in the future thanks to feedback such as yours.

Really?

Hi @Nothelping,

Is there something specific about my reply that you are doubting, or something you still need help with?