Shipping?

So I literally just order a Nexus 5x and then received an email saying it is back-ordered and wont ship for 1-2 weeks. When you go to the Nexus 5x page is says “Ships in 2-3 days”. Anyone else experience this?

You may want to open a Support ticket to get more information. The folks in the ordering department likely don’t work weekends so don’t expect an immediate answer. Folks that update the store system also likely don’t work weekends and may be reason it still shows 2-3 days.

The 2 to 3 day reference is the normal time for order fulfillment. It is not related to the backorder status.

Just would have been nice to know ahead of time. When one sees “Ships” in 2-3 days you automatically think it will be in the mail in 2-3 days! I’m not upset, just saying it would have been nice to know. They showed backorder status on the Moto Z Play at one point so I figure they would do it for all phones.

@glarepate Dec 18, 2016 3:12 PM

The 2 to 3 day reference is the normal time for order fulfillment. It is not related to the backorder status.

@ericw.kul1t1 Dec 18, 2016 5:59 PM

They showed backorder status on the Moto Z Play at one point so I figure they would do it for all phones.

The RW Phone store is not consistent and something @southpaw@rw or @seanr may want to bring to the attention of that group.

Nexus 5

Ships in 2-3 days

Galaxy J3 - White

Backordered: Expected to ship in 1-2 weeks. i

The appropriate team is aware of this inconsistency. I apologize that it is unexpected at the time of order. The E-mail is more accurate than the button, and allows for the option of cancellation if the delay is not acceptable.

Message an
Expert customer