Should I already have received the Galaxy S7 Nougat update already?

Should I have received the Galaxy S7 Nougat update? Does anyone else have an updated Galaxy S7?

Hi @skeeter,

I’ve seen references that Nougat should arrive on Samsung’s Galaxy S7 soon but, to the best of my knowledge, it’s not yet released. Timing is entirely up to Samsung.

Just for fun I initiated a chat with Sammy support, not very helpful though…

Sahu S: Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung Technical Support. How may I assist you?

Anthony: Hi, wondering if the SM-G930U should have received the Nougat upgrade yet?.

Sahu S: Yes, Samsung will release Nougat update for S7 and S7 edge unlocked version phone also.

Sahu S: We are unable to speculate when/if this software revision might be available for S7 and S7 egde unlocked version phone due to the fact that this might lead to inaccurate information and confusion. Should this become available, it will be posted on our website in the Samsung Download Center or you will be informed by your service provider. Please feel free to check with us periodically for updates.

Anthony: Well, OK. I realize it will get the update, just wondering if it is hitting the unlocked devices yet?.

Sahu S: No, as of now it has not been released for Android phone.

Anthony: OK. thanks Sahu S.

Sahu S: Unlocked S7 or S7 edge phone.

thanks for doing that though.

Message an
Expert customer