Sim Card for current Republic phone reads Sprint?

What phone do you have?
Samsung Galaxy S8
What plan are you on?
Republic Wireless
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?
My plan does also include data.

Issue Description

I have just purchased a Samsung 8 phone (new); I am currently using a moto x first gen. When I took out my SIM card, it says “Sprint”, but I have Republic Service. What is going on? How can I transfer all my info to my new phone?

There is no user information on the Moto X 1st Gen SIM, it is only to allow 4G connectivity when you have a plan that includes 4G. It is NOT usable on any of the 3.0 phones, a new RW SIM is required. Sprint was the only carrier that the ‘Legacy’ phones used

You can transfer all you info to your new phone by, A.): downloading the Republic app, signing in, and choosing to move your number to your new phone and B.): Restoring your new phone from a backup of your old one.

As stated, you’ll need to buy a SIM. You can do so here: Republic Wireless SIM Card Kit | Republic Wireless

Hi @margaretv.o1mmt6,

For moving user content from old to new phone, you might find this resource created by fellow members to be of interest: How to Transfer Contacts, Photos, Text messages and Other Info to Your New Phone.

Moving user content, and moving your phone number from old to new phone are separate things. More on activating a new phone from Republic is here: Activate Your Phone – Republic Help.

As others have mentioned, the SIM in the old phones can not be used in the new 3.0 Bring Your Own Phone models. (See supported phones )

The BYOP SIM is GSM (Tmobile), so you will get different coverage than you had on your old phone.

If you discover that the GSM coverage is poor, you can request a CDMA SIM to get the same coverage you had on your old phone.

Thank you for the explanation. Ordered a new SIM from Republic. Will suffer with the old phone until the card comes in…