Sim card for refund plan

I have just purchased a used Moto G (3rd generation) phone to add to my account (for my son). The seller indicated a new sim card will be required. Is there a specific sim card that I need for this phone, which is 16Gb? How do I acquire the sim card to use with the previous refund plan, which both I and my wife are using?

Legacy phones SIM card needs to come from support

Was this a Republic Moto G3 or an unlocked Moto G3?

Republic Moto G3. The previous owner said the sim card was removed and
discarded. Is there personal info on a sim card? Is there a charge from
RW to obtain a new sim card? Do I need to wait to receive the “new” phone
to order a new card? Thanks for your info.

Bob
"Thought makes action, "Action makes habit, "Habit makes character,
“Character makes destiny.”
- Mary Key Henley

The previous owner said the sim card was removed and discarded. Is there
personal info on a sim card? Is there a charge from RW to obtain a new sim
card? Do I need to wait to receive the “new” phone to order a new card?
Thanks for your info.

Bob
- Mary Key Henley

Republic does not store anything on the SIM and on Legacy Phones the SIM is only there to again access the CDMA partners LTE network (all CDMA providers only use the SIM for this) so the SIM in Legacy phones are link to the phone and should be left in when sold or passed on but if you buy one with out a SIM Republic support can set up anew one ans send it to you Republic Help
so GSM providers used to keep contact information there and a few low res pictures but this has mostly been replaced by the Cloud and on board storage as they are both capable of much more room
GSM providers also link the account to the SIM while CDMA link the account to the Phone

Thanks for the info. Do I need to have the new phone in hand to order a
new sim card. E.g., does RW need the serial number or other info from my
actual phone to set up the sim card?

Bob
- Mary Key Henley

if they need it they ask for it (though it doesn’t hurt to add information to the ticket anyway)
you should still be able to activate the phone you will just not have access to LTE until the SIM is installed

I believe Republic support will indeed need the phone’s MEID. With CDMA phone and SIM must be “married”.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.